Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so fuckin pissed!
First time to the dealer they told me I needed a new stepper motor and some odd bits and it will fix the stalling at lights issue. Drove it and it STALLED on the way home.

So... took it back to them and they said the will balance the TB and found there was a TORs tune loaded (have stock exhaust) so they loaded the correct map and drove the bike around for about 30 miles between to guys and said it was running fine.
WRONG. I drove it home and now it doesn't have as much power and it STALLED on the way home.

So doing some reading on the forums I see that alot of people say it is running too lean and to bump up the CO %. so I'm gonna have that done next Friday.

The bike is a 2001 and I bought it used 2 months ago with 7000 miles on it. It stalls sometimes sitting at a light. it will do this after it warms up a bit and while sitting at a light it will idle a little irridically and sometimes it will stall.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
OK - let's think. Bike throws no codes, map is now correct, runs under all other conditions. New plugs, stepper motor, etc.

Have you tried running a dose of injector cleaner through it? Sounds like a fuel delivery problem at low engine speeds only. FI idle speed and mixture is set in the map, so something is causing low-velocity fuel problems.

Some more basic things to check:
Compression
Valve clearances, particularly intake
Timing chain tension - should be automatic and good until 24000 miles, but ya never know...
Injectors

You may need to find a more experienced service facility...most dealers only know the "plug and play" method of fixing bikes. This will be expensive for you.

Good luck.

G

·
I think I read about a similar thing happenin' to someone else, summit to do with it suckin' air round the throttle bodies, broken mount or similar. ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.