Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what options there are out there and if pictures with pros and cons. Also with and without a rear cowl. Thanks all!!

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
as far as I know, you can git the Triumph gel seat, a Corbin, or Sargeant. That's the only aftermarkets I know of. I'm ok with the stock seat, but I've heard great things about the Sargeant and Corbin!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I have a Corbin - great seat. Works just fine with the cowl.

Another option is to modify your seat by cutting and reshaping it using Kemmler Air2gel foam. I have done this on a couple of seats.

G

·
Personally I love the stock seat. This bike is SOO much more comfortable than my old SV650S it's like night and day. But I do wish the drivers portion of the seat extended a little further back. I've got a big fat ass and I tend to sit on the passenger strap during longer rides. Anybody know what a decent price to pay an upholsterer would be to cut it out further back?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Apholstery shop prices vary as much as the cost to do the work.

You might think about doing it your self. just remove the cover, take a knife or electric carving knife to the foam, add foam where you want it by cutting and using spray adhesive, and replace cover.

Take a look at the shape of the Corbin seat - notice the flatter area further back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts