Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 6 weeks of patience (but worn!) the exhaust finally here at last! :-D
Here's first look/listen to my new Blueflame.

Had the headers ceramic coated too to complement the exhaust aesthetically but equally importantly to reduce the heat radiation. I was tempted to follow Dev's DIY but in the end opted the 'easy' route & had it done at local shop.

Bike is a custom SpeedTona - started life as mild-mannered (but still fun!) T509 Speed Triple.
Now boasts a late model 147 bhp Daytona motor and GSXR front end as among the notable modifications.

Also good timing, my 1050 radiator arrived this week too so she's good to go! I'll probably paint or powder the radiator cowls however - not crazy about the raw aluminum look.

First pics - something with better scenic background (like my signature) will follow later.
I really like the way it tucks right up next to the bodywork - I used to consider my 2BR pipe was high-level, but really relatively only mid-level!)

Initial tune is the "Massive Midrange" (original) by Cerberus of T595.net - so far that tune appears to be really good! I will try the MM2 & MM3 also to see how those compare & pick the best one. Chance to play with the data-logging feature of tuneboy! ;D

(Click for larger images)

Here's a rough & ready first listen - I'll redo this when I have an extra pair of hands (i.e. the Mrs.).
This is with both baffles removed incidentally. Actually sounds louder/deeper in reality - maybe I can reflect that better next time in a clip from behind.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="[video=youtube;qpQFoVCi8VE]http://www.youtube.com/v/qpQFoVCi8VE"></param><param[/url] name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpQFoVCi8V...t" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm - can't embed youtube on "the SpeedTriple.com"?

Well, here's the link - [video=youtube;qpQFoVCi8VE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpQFoVCi8VE]click here[/video]

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sounds and looks the biz. Nice one mate.
MH

Decosse said:
Hmm - can't embed youtube on "the SpeedTriple.com"?

Well, here's the link - click here

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Sorry.....I hate BF right now! I have been waiting over 7 weeks. NOTHING. Pipe does look good though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stratslingr77 said:
...The pic in your signature, is that Hwy 84 near Sunol?
Is indeed stratslingr77 - good eye!!! ;D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Decosse,
While you were waiting, did you call BF and ask them how things were going? It has been a 9 WEEK wait. This is not acceptable on a 1k dollar order! I ordered these things the first week of March and have not heard shit! They sure as hell took my money though! Now I'm concerned! NO PISSED FUCKING OFF more like it!!!!!!! To tell you the truth, for how good these may sound when/if I ever get them, the whole experience SUX and as ruined it for me quite a bit. Am I at the mercy of BF or what?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts