Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
bajagold_2000,

HaHa, that sounds sweet!. I actually already planned to pick up a new Relay and also just yesterday brought mine with me home to match it when I go to AutoZone.

I went yesterday and first checked the fuse. Which was fine. Then tested my Fuel Pump. Check out this video. (The link is at the bottom)
It seems like the Fuel Pump is priming but it's very faint and can barely hear that. I am not sure why? Is it maybe because the gas tank is leaning and there is only 2 gallons of gas all the way in the bottom and nothing by the pump?

Then tested the Relay and it wasn't clicking. The relay was working fine a week ago. So I now plan to go back with the new Relay and first I want to see if the fuel is reaching all the way to the rail and I want to see the injectors.

I plan to just clean everything. I have had the bike for 4-5 yrs now and never had the injectors cleaned. I ordered the kit and it should arrive today. I shall drain the 2 gallons of gas I have in there. Considering taking the tank home, then remove the fuel pump to just clean it but shall have to order a new gasket. Depending on how long the gasket will take, I shall then plan to remove the pump. But first I want to make sure that the fuel pump is working by making sure that while on the bike, the pump is priming after I install the new relay hopefully today.

Keep you all posted.

View attachment 44392

·
Super Moderator
5,995 Posts
It's hard to see where the spark is coming from in the video, you should see it spark at the end of the plug to the electrode no from the plug to the frame. Personally I'd change the plugs. If a shot of starting fluid didn't light it those plugs are done. Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It's hard to see where the spark is coming from in the video, you should see it spark at the end of the plug to the electrode no from the plug to the frame. Personally, I'd change the plugs. If a shot of starting fluid didn't light it those plugs are done. Good luck.
Hey HockeyFan,

I already took your advice and picked up new Plugs on Friday. Went to the garage and started installing them but it was getting late and didn't feel like it. It was New Year's Eve so met up with friends to party. Still hungover :confused:

And it's gonna get cold here as of tomorrow. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. So not sure when we shall get above 40° F to be able to bare to work outside for couple of hours without freezing.

Keep you all posted. I have a feeling you are right and that this should start the bike up. If not then IDK.

Oh and I did buy the starting fluid but haven't used it yet. That will be my last try if it still doesn't start after replacing the plugs.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Gas Bumper

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts