Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen Devi's stin black, but wondering what the Ti ceramic coating looks like in color and texture - I kinda like the blued-stainless look of the stock, so is the Ti coating goldish in tint? Pics appreciated...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that's not so bad, I don't guess - the sacrifices we make in the name of performance...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya - it depends on the surface treatment - polished Ti is gorgeous! (see http://www.serotta.com.

Looks like Techline has a "Stainless" Colorguard ceramic coating now, sold with polish - waiting for them to email me a photo...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Kartstar,
The colors available include chrome-like, stainless, titanium, cast iron, satin black, and blue. They are working on red as well. They used to offer a flat white coating as well, but I have not seen it in years.

If you look at the link below the photo of the header, several colors are shown.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My question is which type of coating is the most durable over time, color stable, less suseptible to chipping from road grit, etc.....

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
They are all fairly durable, but ceramics by nature are brittle and susceptible to chipping by a hard enough blow.

I have not had issues with the black on other bikes.

G

·
I wonder if the Ti colour could be polished? In the description for the chrome coloured coating they talk about polishing it.

Phil

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered a 4oz. bottle of the Stainless coating w/polish last nite - I'll post pics next week when this is all done!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I cannot speak for the Ti colored coating, but the cermachrome has a heavy layer on the outside when it cures that needs to be polished to get the shiny appearance.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
When it cures, the Cermachrome outside oxidizes to a whitish color that polishes well with steel wool, or in a vibrating tumbler with mild media.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts