Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Does anyone make denim riding pants that actually have armor in knees/ hips, instead of just "reinforced kevlar panels" or "steel reinforced panels"? I haven't been able to find any yet. Discuss. :pow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
+1
http://www.dragginjeans.com/

"Classic Draggin' Jeans

These-classic fit Kevlar® lined jeans have a simple straight leg with the traditional five pockets.

Cover your ass! Our protective Kevlar® lining extends from just below the belt loops to, well, just below your ass. We cover your knees as well with Kevlar® knee protection. Our Kevlar® knee protection wraps around to cover the front and outside of the knee and shin. "
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8) I know Draggin jeans are good but I'm really looking for some with regular removable armor, something that might do a good job of keeping these old knees from getting busted up if they took a direct hit from a car bumper. I don't think Draggins would help much in that case. :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
What I like about the Draggin Armor (made by Knox) is the weight and the Plascore honeycomb used in it. It is really good at absorbing impact and spreading out the loads.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
71,086 Posts
Donkeyman said:
8) I know Draggin jeans are good but I'm really looking for some with regular removable armor, something that might do a good job of keeping these old knees from getting busted up if they took a direct hit from a car bumper. I don't think Draggins would help much in that case. :-\
believe it or not, wed night is "bike night" at my local hooters and allot of the guys ride in with jeans so as to not look so power ranger.... they wear these

the webbike review
I do know a guy who had a get off at 160 and these things saved his legs. his ass? well that look like a cheese grater got to em but his knees and shins were fine :squid:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Farside said:
Have a look at these I think they are pretty cool and seem to offer a lot of protection http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog/?prod=BGLA#HOME
+1 on Bohn products.  See my post on the Adventure Shorts here: http://www.thespeedtriple.com/Forums/index.php?topic=4873.0

I have several different brands of riding jeans and along with the Adventure Shorts worn underneath, I wear a pair of Icon leg armor: http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=1241&id=5832.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
I've been wanting the same thing lately. I think I'm going to try the armored Draggin jeans. :eboy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
Every pair of jeans shown here so far looks like shit pretty much :d: Looks like something you get for 5 dollars on K-mart (or what ever is the place your poor local ******** buy their jeans from).

These, however, are BY FAR the best looking armored jeans I've ever seen. They're ridiculously expensive, but look good. I might actually wear them other than on the bike.

http://www.esquad-jeans.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,293 Posts
premier said:
Every pair of jeans shown here so far looks like shit pretty much :d: Looks like something you get for 5 dollars on K-mart (or what ever is the place your poor local ******** buy their jeans from).

These, however, are BY FAR the best looking armored jeans I've ever seen. They're ridiculously expensive, but look good. I might actually wear them other than on the bike.

http://www.esquad-jeans.com/
Sorry - Monster in the background - Gay-dar is blipping right off the screen!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
BillT said:
premier said:
Every pair of jeans shown here so far looks like shit pretty much :d: Looks like something you get for 5 dollars on K-mart (or what ever is the place your poor local ******** buy their jeans from).

These, however, are BY FAR the best looking armored jeans I've ever seen. They're ridiculously expensive, but look good. I might actually wear them other than on the bike.

http://www.esquad-jeans.com/
Sorry - Monster in the background - Gay-dar is blipping right off the screen!

Why? There's a nice assed chick in front of it. :jerkoff:

That just means it's a chick bike.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top