Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how much they cost ? like the one on the new special edition speed triple thats' coming out.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
so what's the difference between the arrow full system and the zard full system? Is one better/ lighter/ more power?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I don't have the full system but I do run the zard slip on, and it sounds great. Not as deep as a dual can setup, but racier. More formula...

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
does the arrow have removeable baffles also, or are you stuck with it as is?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
cornering clearance? Correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at it I can't see how you could possibly scrape the arrow without laying it down... and the baffles, I don't mean having to drill them out or use the ol wonder tool (dremel.) I'd like to be able to take them out with a set screw or something like that

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
When I started to see scape marks on the chin spoilers on peoples bikes, I think the wrong low can could maybe scrape... I have not seen the arrow in person though. The zard baffle does require drilling one small spot weld to remove. It is to comply with Italian laws. I believe the arrow is an Italian made exhaust as well, so it wouldn't surprise me if it had a similar spot weld. On the zard, once you get the baffle out,it can be put back in or taken out with a snap ring.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
chin spoilers? Is that just another word for the belly pan?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
are there any dyno charts out there for the full arrow system? They claim a 3 hp increase, but I think they're just being modest with that... 3 hp for a full system is pretty shitty

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
was just reading another post, and evidently the arrow header has a baffle in it as well. :violent1: I'd like to take a look at it and see how hard it is to remove, but as of right now I'm very dissapointed

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The chain reaction header that is soon to come out will be the best header for the S3, without any doubt. It will also work with almost any slip on system that fits the stock header. So pick an exhaust system that looks good to you, and get a CR header later and you won't be disappointed. A dual can setup is gonna make the most power, period (its been proven). However, many think that a low single can looks much better (including me), and it does cut some weight off up high where it makes a difference. I swear I can flick the bike side to side faster than before, and the front to rear balance is better. This for me is reason enough... A dual can system is going to sound deeper, and most likely quieter than a single. I love my Zard, and plan on modifying the header shortly, then getting the CR header later down the road. What EXACTLY do you want in an exhaust system?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
as of right now I'm torn between old squid's and the arrow... not sure if I like the zard, would have to see it in person first. What I'm thinking about doing is getting the special edition speedy, cuz then you pretty much get the arrow for free... (they say it's a $1000 savings instead of buying everything seperately) After I have this, I can fuck with it a bit and get the chains full system when it comes out and not be too hard off.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If you get a special edition, I would make sure you get all the factory parts that are replaced. I believe that the special edition comes as a box of parts with a regular S3. I may even consider taking delivery of the bike in stock form and take the box home. After some of the work I have had done at my dealer, I don't trust the dealer anymore. I put more care into working on my bike than they do. Plus, you could pawn off some of the factory parts, or some of the special edition bits you may not like.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.