Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ,wondering if anyone out there has taken the removable baffles out of arrow slip on cans on 2012 triple and no longer wants/needs them. I just bought a used 2012 triple , and love it , but it came without the baffle and i'd like to run it with the baffle in for a while and see way which I prefer . exhaust pops like crazy at the moment running w/o baffle , takes a bit of getting used to, but wow ,a fantastic machine (my last ride was 1100s monster) - thanks!

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
The popping has nothing to do with the baffles in or out. If you put the baffles in the only thing that will happen is the popping and backfiring will get a little quieter.

If you want to eliminate the popping and burble, search this site for "SAI removal" and follow the instructions.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
You're welcome.

The process is pretty simple. You can do it the easy way, the somewhat harder way, or the cleanest and most expensive way. Try the easy way first (put a piece of tape over the hose to the air box, or put a marble or bolt in the hose) and if you like it then go whole hog and remove the solenoid and install cover plates over the reed valves.

Triumph Motorcycle SAI Block Off Plates - British Customs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts