Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I meant that it's not something major like the BMW that had the wheel hold by only the brake calipers...on the Street the suspension didnt performe at there best when pushed hard, but still worked, just not as good as they were supposed too...so not something to make you crash and burn...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just bustin' your balls a little. I knew what you meant, it just was worded a little funny...

But seriously, people saying they are going to avoid buying a Speed Triple based on complaints in here need to go look at ANY other forum on the internet. People like to bitch, and it comes out on forums. Not many people are going to make a thread praising something for working as designed, but will definitely bitch about something going wrong. These bikes are as reliable as any other, if not more so. And fun as hell to boot. So :hdfu: and buy one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
trippeee said:
My fuel tank sucks harder than Cheaps little sister when I try to open the cap with an empty tank. ;D No performance issues though.

My chain lets me know when it needs lubed and adjusted.

I haven't had the false nuetral between 5th and 6th for about 700 mi (I'm around 1500 on the odometer), but I've been hitting a false nuetral every so often between 3rd and 4th, but it might be a soft toe. :-\

Some other issues since I got Speedy - my grass needs cut, truck needs washed, wife says I'm not spending enough time with her and my ride home from work is now 10 times the distance as the ride there in the morning. 8)
I had the same issue this morning on the highway. Either it was a false neutral, or when I was trying to avoid the schmuck in the car that decided to hand signal left, yet make a last minute land change to the right, I very well may have "soft-toed" between 5th and 6th on a downshift.

Is the false neutral an issue to take to the dealer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have a 7th gear? Perhaps you should take it to the dealer.

enzeine said:
trippeee said:
My fuel tank sucks harder than Cheaps little sister when I try to open the cap with an empty tank. ;D No performance issues though.

I haven't had the false nuetral between 5th and 6th for about 700 mi (I'm around 1500 on the odometer), but I've been hitting a false nuetral every so often between 3rd and 4th, but it might be a soft toe. :-\

Some other issues since I got Speedy - my grass needs cut, truck needs washed, wife says I'm not spending enough time with her and my ride home from work is now 10 times the distance as the ride there in the morning. 8)
I had the same issue this morning on the highway. Either it was a false neutral, or when I was trying to avoid the schmuck in the car that decided to hand signal left, yet make a last minute land change to the right, I very well may have "soft-toed" between 6th and 7th on a downshift.

·
Registered
45 Posts
gas_pig70 said:
You have a 7th gear? Perhaps you should take it to the dealer.

enzeine said:
trippeee said:

I had the same issue this morning on the highway. Either it was a false neutral, or when I was trying to avoid the schmuck in the car that decided to hand signal left, yet make a last minute land change to the right, I very well may have "soft-toed" between 5th and 6th on a downshift.

You got me there...oops!

Sorry 'bout that. I meant 5th and 6th.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice. One of my hoses were kinked and they were hooked up backwards. The tank was sucking hard when it was close to empty. It also seemed to want to bog down when i gunned it from a roll in 2nd. Hope it takes care of that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Shit I should had check this thread sooner. During my long trip, I heard the tank shrink while I was riding a long time. Stop for gas and the gas cap was really hard to open. Notice that the tank shrinked and dented my tank on the right side at knee level. Hard to notice...you need to "feel" it but still...come on Triumph...designing a tank isn't rocket science...

:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a new 2009 Street & now the Speedy R going for it's first service tomorow. Both bikes had coolant leaks because the hose clamps were not tight. It's a quick fix but look for the tell-tale white deposits on the engine casings. Beware, if not cleaned up the casings get marked.
Did 2 years of track days on the Street, these bikes don't give problems, I believe the Speed R will be even better because you don't have to rev so high.

·
Registered
1 Posts
having problems registering my bike. some guy sold me a bike with pink

My bike came with documentation but when I went to the DMV, I found out there was a hold/title was frozen. I was told my only option was buying a frame from a clean bike and that the new Vin that would come with the frame would also have a pink slip and that I could transfer all the parts from the bike I have. Reason why I'm considering this is because the bike only has 2500 miles and is an 06. Can someone give me clarity on what I can do to register? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CKKQ68

Font Rim Bicycle part Auto part Cylinder

get one of these sunline shifter levers. I've never missed a shift since i put it on.
I've been slack these last few years on picking one of these babies up.
Manufacturer Part Number 25-01-048 seems to be OOS everywhere I look; would there be an alternative shift lever you guys could recommend?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check 1 off Bucket List...Yeeehaaw!

Great tips. Love my new (5k mi.) 2008 S3 more than my woman (that's a lot). Wanted a Trumpet since I was 9 and Dad told me:"Get your helmet and don't tell Mom." before taking me for a 108mph blast on the back of his 1967 T100C Tiger. The thing nearly shook itself to pieces, but planted in me an idea that never died - get a Trumpet.
Well, I got a doozy, and am happy to have found this site. My S3 looks like Batman's pit bike.:wink2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, new owner of 1050 2007 Speed Triple over here!

My bike didn't come with a manual from a dealer unfortunately. Does anyone happen to have a manual for a PDF version of the manual.

Sincerily,
Hannu

101 - 120 of 121 Posts