The Speed Triple Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
You might try installing Windows 98 in a Virtual Box on Ubuntu. It might work, since the interface with Linux is virtual and the Windows installation can use a generic driver.

I had TB up and running four years or so ago on a virtual machine, but it was using Virtual PC which is a crap program. It was so slow it wouldn't work. VirtualBox is a very nice program. I use it frequently. It might be worth a try.

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
Which one of those tunes in Hoostine's server thingy would be for a 05 with aftermarket high mounts without SAI ? :popcorn:
Might put my modified high mounts back on whilst i tinker with a new low mount. :finger: :wave:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I'll send you my tune Grubb......should be perfect.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Much as I advocate custom maps, my experience with other people's maps has not been all that good.
Best to start with a stock base tune, find a good dyno and modify that to your bike.
Just my 2 rupees worth.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
My tune was developed by Wayne Macdonald, polished by Wayne Tripp. It would be a good place to start. I expect it would only require a minimal amount of tweaking to suit Bucket's bike.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Chewie. said:
My tune was developed by Wayne Macdonald, polished by Wayne Tripp. It would be a good place to start. I expect it would only require a minimal amount of tweaking to suit Bucket's bike.
If it is tweaked for Bucket's bike...ok..........but tweaked it must be.....
All the tunes supplied by the above mentioned gentlemen, installed in my bike, when on the dyno performed worse than the stock tune.... :wtf:
Which leads me to believe that a custom tune is only optimum for the bike it was originally modified in, taking into consideration differing factors like fuel, atmospheric conditions, exhaust configuration, subtle different tolerances between similar engines yada yada yada.
Again my 2 rupees worth.

·
0 Posts
Chewie. said:
Hey you lovable woods beast, what's your set up on your bike? You have an 06, correct?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Chewie. said:
One of the 10088Tune_dyno39 based ones? I think the original was best. Pig rich and will make all your gear reak of fuel, but performance was excellent.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
yes to both of you ^ and ^^. Its the modPP one, modded by Devi. It neither runs overly rich or makes me smell like exhaust....although it may be masked by the wet dog smell.

It did not produce a very noticeble increase in power either, but the bike just runs so much more sweetly.

The 10088 tune that is its base is the original 1050 tune for Aussie bikes with aftermarket exhaust, with no cat, SAI or precat.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts