Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a pair of BlueAnt Intercom units off of ebay- two, brand new shits for around 250 total!!! Overall, very impressed with the initial feel once the units were out of the package. Really solid feeling and most noticeably SMALL! Most bike comm's are almost the size of your hand, these are about the size of an iPod nano (although as thick as two fingers). The units attach to a clip which is permanently attached the helmet one of two ways- one scary way involving a lot of plastic bits and screws- EEP!- and the way I chose: double sided stickey tape. The clip is confident feeling and the comm unit when clipped in is only about three millimeters from the helmet surface. The interface is very simple, albeit a bit too industrial. The three buttons make you feel "did i get it?" kinda often, but if you get the helmet set how you like it pre-ride it'll be fine. Two volume buttons and one multifunction button. Works with phones and other units as a bike to bike jobber- the latter being what I use it for. Communication is just like every other unit on the market: boom mic and earpiece that attach inside/ under helmet padding. Two loudness levels: loud (five clicks) and extra loud (five clicks worth as well). I use the extra loud cuz my speedy makes hella noise at speed! :beer: Used the units several times with my girl and she loves the things and the sound quality is pretty cool! Sounds like the captain's intercom from a airplane- you know? She says I sound like darth vader... I have a significant amount of road/wind noise around my helmet as it is so its hard to communicate at 75+ mph, but anytime under 50 sounds real good! Bike to bike distance is about four hundred feet which is fine for me- reconnecting is simply a push of a button anyway!

I recommend the BlueAnt Intercom very much! This is one(two technically) happy customer. (i got the deal from chubbycutegirl on ebay... in case msrp doesn't work for ya!)

Cheers!
Speedys06Triple

·
Registered
413 Posts
So do you need it to go thru your phone in order to talk bike to bike?
I dont want it to use with my phone rather just as an intercom.

I would think with todays technology they could have connection bewteen bikes with out that big ass Chatterbox on your helmet :slap:

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
great review.....pics??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts