Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiVel wants to put braided Stainless hose covers and colored clamp covers on his 2005 S3 cooling hoses.

We will be using real braided Stainless sheathing, not the tin plated copper. And likely, blue anodized clamp covers (to match his other blue trim items).

The hose sheathing is readily available in several sizes and the clamp covers come in many colors. When we do this, does anyone want the required lengths to do it yourselves, or would you want a kit made up (cut to the correct size and length) ready for you to install?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Hmm. Will the hose endure shipping cut in length? The clamps just tighten over the hose so they're not really attached to them?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stainless sheathing (or real Stainless braided hose) needs to be taped and cut with a feramic saw blade - or it will fray.

I can leave the tape on the hose ends, and you can remove it, or leave it in place and put the clamp covers over it.

Clamp covers come in blue, red, blue and red, chrome, black, yellow, etc. in several designs.

I think I can buy hose and clamp covers at a decent price and make a few kits that will be very reasonably priced - IF there is enough interest.

There are two sources for kits like this, and both want around USD $350... What a JOKE!

I am also looking into the same idea using braided nylon sheathing in several colors.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would be interested in a kit...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What color hose clamp/covers would you guys want?

I can get red, blue, blue w/red ends, black, and chrome in ones that look like AN fittings - 1 or 2 piece stainless or aluminum. They are hex shaped.

I can get round shaped covers in yellow, black, blue, green, and chrome.
Give me 48 hours to work out pricing.

Hex AN look:

2-piece AN look:

Round:

Billet Round:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like the hex....red or blue

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I say 1 piece hex AN look in black, if the sheathing is available in black too. If the sheathing is stainless than the clamp covers could be blue or red. I'm kinda digging the blue/red combo on my new oil cooler, but don't know how it would look splattered all over the bike?

Link

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only black sheathing I know about is braided nylon, not Stainless.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looks good (better than hoses), but I would go for black nylon over the stainless. Cheaper, and it would match my bike better. Funny how everybody wants to paint that little engine mount tab black on the same side, then they want to slather their hoses in bright stainless covers.

No offense, but :jerkit:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts