Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum, I stupidly pulled my fuel line out of the gas tank on my 2000 S3 without pressing down on the metal tab and snapped it off. 馃槶

If anyone has any advice about how to get the broken plastic piece out, how to find a replacement, and how to install it, I would be very grateful!

Thank you for your help!

(Ignore the arrow in the picture. The broken one is the one with the spring hanging out.)

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle chain Vehicle

Registered
I do know they offered metal replacements as so many of the plastic ones broke. I think you should still be able to get them from Triumph, maybe for free. I know some on here have actually done it, hopefully they will give you pearls of wisdom.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I do know they offered metal replacements as so many of the plastic ones broke. I think you should still be able to get them from Triumph, maybe for free. I know some on here have actually done it, hopefully they will give you pearls of wisdom.
Thank you for the tip! I'll see if I can figure out how to get a replacement from Triumph directly.

I will also look forward to "pearls of wisdom" that other members of the forum who know about this problem might impart. Thanks again!

Registered
I used a drill bit to remove as much plastic as possible down to the threads, then gradually picked the plastic out of the threads with a metal dental pick. Craftsman has metal picks that could do a similar job. It was tedious but I eventually got it all cleaned out. Might want to just take it all apart and replace your fuel filter while you鈥檙e at it.

I might be able to look up the receipts for the McMaster-Carr parts I used if Triumph isn鈥檛 supplying replacements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts