Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my current decision to tade Speedy for a Gixxer, has had me looking on other forums. And they're full of Squids and assholes, and squid assholes. I don't think I'll ever find a forum like this one. You guys are great.

Their crash page has 3-4 new posts daily, Most stories are the same, " he was going about 70-90 througha 25 turnand lost control.
If you thought you were a hardass at telling the newbie to use the search function, look around. Their search function is wosre than TRAT's and damn the flamin they do.

Regardless, I'll be sticking around what ever I ride as long as you all don't mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
In my best Monty Python impersonation:


He's a Switch(er)!!!!

Ban 'im!!!!!!






Nope, don't mind you sticking around. And I already knew about the condition on several other boards. :violent1: :horse:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
I sometimes poke around crotches just to see what pops up. Although there is some good information around you have to read dozens of threads written, in poor English mind you, by young immature super squids about their latest crash complete with hospital bed photo's of the rasberry apendage. Just not my kind of guys. I like it here and I'm staying. Stick around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,851 Posts
I am on the fzrarchives aswell (probably because I still have the good ole fiz and am lookin for a triumph)....and I find the information and the general chit chat to be similar to this atmosphere.....why is this...i am guessing it is related to the fact that the FZR is no longer produced, but still an good bike all around...the only people that have one are riders that want to mod the poo outta it and riders that just enjoy the ride (since the FZR's tranny may blow at an incling of an 50 mph wheelie)...any squids that join usually buy their R1's (and reck them) within a week....I was somewhat surprised to see over here, that, even with a new bike, you all are tryin to make it better or put your own custom touch to it as well....I guess there will always be the mod-ders in every sportbike site...someone right now is converging an FZR with YZF cylinders....

everyother site, I agree, seems to be more interested in the longest wheelie (which is nice to do), and how they endoed and got the "nice jpb, dumb ass" by the tail of their bike as it flipped on top of them when they tried to pull a stoppy with their brand new , daddy bought me bike :squid:....I dont mind them though...gets me some sweet-cheap upgrades on my FZR :fingure:



so get an older sportbike that is no longer produced and you may find a site like this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,278 Posts
Speedy or no it is good to have you around!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
yeah, it's strange, i'm supposedly a :squid:, but i don't like other forums, and i don't like most sportbike rider groups, i mainly ride with my one friend and rudebwoy, but some of the gxxr kids we ride with occasionally are just stupid. it's not that they can't ride, it's that they can't form a proper sentence, or be considerate of others, any idiot can another person an idiot on the internet, but it takes some maturity to be able to offer helpful advise or information instead of flameing someone. was a member of some stunta site for a little while, after getting told to sell speedy and get an f4i for the 5th time i never signed in again. jerk offs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
I'm sure I'll always be a HD rider, which tends to make me a turd in the pool on sportbike sites. I post on http://easttennesseeriders.com/ too, they claim to be all bike friendly but they're mostly sportbkers and they don't get the cruiser/HD thing at all. (as some here or at TRAT or at T595 don't but hey)

Every bike they see with the rider not in full race gear they have to have a group gear hug and pat themselves on the back and talk about how all their gear saved them.... :horse: They seem to fail to get the whole if you are riding at 90% or more of your skill, and/or the bikes capability you are far more likely to need it than not. (If you are running slicks, you may be living a tad closer to the edge than is safe on the road)

Anyhow, I've found that if you find a site where you enjoy the conversation, hang around. :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
J-Pip said:
Well, my current decision to tade Speedy for a Gixxer, has had me looking on other forums. And they're full of Squids and assholes, and squid assholes. I don't think I'll ever find a forum like this one. You guys are great.
The quirkiest bikes have the best forums for some reason, as long as they don't got filled with zealots who can't stand to hear a single bad word about their true love. I thought trat was pretty cool and it had a big influence on my decision to buy the s3 (what a fucking mistake that was) :fingure:, this forum has turned into something better than trat. Now, if I could just figure out how to do 2nd gear wheelies with this thing....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Second gear?
I have stock gearing and have to worry about third gear power wheelies.

I am too chicken to ride big wheelies in first and second. Bucaaaawk! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,149 Posts
kcjones said:
Now, if I could just figure out how to do 2nd gear wheelies with this thing....
alright kc, let's git this sorted. Exactly what are you doing to bring it up in 2nd? I know you are used to a ZX10, and as I have said earlier, speedy won't come up as easily at speeds like yer 10 would. I find it hard to bring her up much over 60-65mph. It can be done, but needs a bit of work. If you are 55mph or under, she doesn't need a huge amount of clutch slippage, but still a bit more than my R1 used to. You have to remember, speedy is a little chunkier than those ol' rice rockets. There's really nut'n to it once you git the hang of it. I can now power wheelie speedy in 2nd gear around 45mph or so. ;D Let us know what you are doing, I'm sure we can git ya on the right track. ;) ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
We'll probably have to talk aobut this someday Devi, this is turning into a pride thing now and my r1 riding buddy is just waiting for me to give up and profess the superiority of jap bikes.

Right now, I'm willing to just put a few miles on and see if the motor loosens up a bit, but down the road I might need a bit more... :beer: :squid:!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
cheapbastard said:
kcjones said:
Now, if I could just figure out how to do 2nd gear wheelies with this thing....
alright kc, let's git this sorted. Exactly what are you doing to bring it up in 2nd? I know you are used to a ZX10, and as I have said earlier, speedy won't come up as easily at speeds like yer 10 would. I find it hard to bring her up much over 60-65mph. It can be done, but needs a bit of work. If you are 55mph or under, she doesn't need a huge amount of clutch slippage, but still a bit more than my R1 used to. You have to remember, speedy is a little chunkier than those ol' rice rockets. There's really nut'n to it once you git the hang of it. I can now power wheelie speedy in 2nd gear around 45mph or so. ;D Let us know what you are doing, I'm sure we can git ya on the right track. ;) ;D
Right now, I probably need less mechanical sympathy. I went out the day after I posted about being disappointed, and I tried 2nd gear at a slower speed, about 35 mph, and it came up higher and if I would have been sitting back farther, I probably could have gotten it up close to the balance point. I should point out now too, that I don't do real balance point wheelies either, I always need to keep accelerating at least a bit to keep it up.

With the zx10 I could flick the clutch while opening the throttle and it would snap upright, with very little clutch slip. When I tried to do this on the s3 at about 7k rpm it would just bog or only come up a couple inches, that's why I think I probably need to open the throttle more, but with so few miles on it, it's hard for me :gayaway:. I tried in first and it comes up easy with just a flick of the clutch and hardly any throttle at all. Kind of like how the zx10 used to in 2nd ;D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,252 Posts
kcjones said:
J-Pip said:
Well, my current decision to tade Speedy for a Gixxer, has had me looking on other forums. And they're full of Squids and assholes, and squid assholes. I don't think I'll ever find a forum like this one. You guys are great.
The quirkiest bikes have the best forums for some reason, as long as they don't got filled with zealots who can't stand to hear a single bad word about their true love. I thought trat was pretty cool and it had a big influence on my decision to buy the s3 (what a fucking mistake that was) :fingure:, this forum has turned into something better than trat. Now, if I could just figure out how to do 2nd gear wheelies with this thing....
Get down to La Crosse for a weekend, bring a new can and by the time we're done she'll power wheelie easily for ya in second! Just by followings the Great DVS tuning plan!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top