Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this weekend i plan on getting a 2007 speed triple but had some concerns,
I read lots of reviews from top cycle mags they all say pretty much the same thing about the triples brakes( they're mushing) lots of travel in the front brake before the brakes actually start to ingauge.
also a fuel injection hiccup around 3500rpms. and the rear shock being pretty harshe over things like freeway expansion joints.
i was just wondering if they changed anything to fix the above compliants? or is anything different in the 07 models than the 06's?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
some of the newer 07s have an updated ECU that is supposed to fix the "hiccup." Check with the dealer if this one has it or not... anyone know serial #'s? I've heard of some people on here fixing the 675's master cylinder for the brake remedy. Shocks are all about proper setup. I don't find it to be too harsh at all....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The ride quality is great, all about setup. There are better suspended bikes out there, but not in this price group. I have never experienced any "hiccup" in the injection. Mine is an '06. The brakes are now fitted with caliper pistons that have a coating to help them slide in the seals better, fixing the mushy brakes. I also have the D675 radial master cylinder, and dual brake lines. This is not necessary, but I really like radial masters. My brakes are ROCK SOLID. I have no complaints with the bike at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have an 07 and have noticed no "hiccup" with the f.i.

and the brakes are not mushy at all.

GET IT!

btw, the roulette green is the fastest model, though most get the slower black.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
My completely stock '06 had a little dead spot around 3500 rpm. Here's the thing about that: YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO BE THERE (except maybe the first 600 miles). Once you've ridden the bike for the first time, 6000 rpm beckons. Cruise is around 4500 rpm. And since you've registered here at TST.com, your bike will be completely stock for about seven seconds.

First comes the slip-on of your choice, and the TORS tune...
Next, the popping on decel annoys you, so you remove the SAI and put in the non-SAI TORS tune...
That sounds so good and makes so much difference, you want to finish uncorking it by modding the stock header...
Then you need the BMC/K&N just 'cause...
Then you start to feel the lean spot in the midrange and buy a TuneBoy...
...you can see where I'm going with this.

The stock suspension is more than adequate - it just needs to be properly set-up and then tweaked to your taste.

You won't regret having bought this bike for a second.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Yeah, screw the Mag articles. Those guy's just have to find something to bitch about. The Fuel Injection issue really isn't, the Brakes have been fixed, and the Suspension is a matter of setup and personal preference.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I thought the shock was quite harsh and I did mess with setup quite a bit. Now that I have something over 3500 miles on the bike it is significantly less harsh but it is also starting to wallow a bit so i need to jack up the damping. It will all be moot if my Ohlins shock ever shows up. Brakes have always been solid, bone stock so far. I had no complaints with my stock 06 ECU tune but the 07 is supposed to be even better, not sure that anyone would notice any real world difference. Once you start modding and get a tuneboy you can dial everything in as you see fit.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
crashmasterd said:
Yeah, screw the Mag articles. Those guy's just have to find something to bitch about. The Fuel Injection issue really isn't, the Brakes have been fixed, and the Suspension is a matter of setup and personal preference.
:sign5: :hitit:

·
Registered
95 Posts
nakedhooligan said:
this weekend i plan on getting a 2007 speed triple but had some concerns,
I read lots of reviews from top cycle mags they all say pretty much the same thing about the triples brakes( they're mushing) lots of travel in the front brake before the brakes actually start to ingauge.
also a fuel injection hiccup around 3500rpms. and the rear shock being pretty harshe over things like freeway expansion joints.
i was just wondering if they changed anything to fix the above compliants? or is anything different in the 07 models than the 06's?
Awww crap, those guys don't like anything unless it just came out of a MotoGP paddock.

Buy the damn thing, walk don't run. Don't overthink it either. Just do it, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Two words: TEST RIDE

·
Registered
44 Posts
Brakes are supposed to be a solved issue on the '07. Just make sure they're good on the bike you buy. Also heard they had a new ECM that not only solved hiccups but got better fuel mileage. Supposed to be a very nice ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i went to the dealer today they had only one left and it was being held for someone.
they said they sell em as fast as they get'em they are the hottest selling bike there.
so i have to wait awhile for mine just have to make up mind on what color i like and let them know on monday.
depending on what color i want in could take a few weeks.
i must say the black looks mighty killer the dealer said the blacks are the most popular.
i've see all the colors on here but up till now i can't make up my mind they all look sweet. the scortched yellow in longer available on the 07's so it's down to the 3 black,white or green.(hmmm this is harder than deciding for me if i was going to buy the s3 or not LOL).
just wonder what colors most of you like???????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't start up with the colour wars :slap:
I suggest you see them in person though. I was quiet surprised how different they look.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
There isn't a bad 2007 color.

Scorched yeller = :barf: (Note the color similarity) :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.