Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the middle of buying a zard exhaust and tuneboy from another 1050 speed triple owner, will i need to purchase a new key from tuneboy ?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am wondering , since the original purchaser returned his to stock and sold the bike , could i get the original key swapped to my ecu , but if i have to buy a key so be it

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I doubt new owner would be willing to pull out his ECU for a swap.
However tuneboy is worth having, if anytihng for the diagnostics........

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i am buying it , i just hope that wayne may cut me some slack on the key for my bike

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok looks like i am going to have to buy a key for the tuneboy i am buying from geof3 on rat net

am i correct that the software is free to download

the tuneboy hardware is a usb cable to connect the bike to the computer

and when i buy the key it will let the software send info back and forth across the odb 2 connector on the bike to reprogram the ecu ?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Yes software is free to download.
Yep just the cable between your computer and your bike, though if you order the whole shebang from Wayne you'd get a CD also. Not really required as you can download everything from Wayne's site.
Yes the key will let your proggie 'talk' to your bike.
It seems that anybody who has had minor problems, found Wayne's support when needed.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i am sure looking forward to it , it should be here any day now

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Thinking about it, we're really lucky as Triumph is one of a VERY limited number of bikes that have the facility to play around with the ECU + diagnostics etc etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts