Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking (never good) about the fact that there is no "proper" tuneboy tune out there for the Zard cans (or really any single). I propose that we find the best candidate in our Zard clan with a stock header, who is located near a GOOD tuner who knows tuneboy. We should then pool a little money collectively, to pay for dyno tuning before a pre-cat removal, then remove the cat, and dyno tune a modified header with the zard. I think that the whole process shouldn't take too long, or cost any of us too much. We all win, with a badass tune for the zard, with and without header mods. Maybe too much of a pain in the ass? I dunno, its late, I am tired, and this may not make sense to me tomorrow. :wtf:

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
yes, that's it! Everyone send Devi $50 a piece, and off to Devi's I will head. :smitty: Actually, the best tune right now, might be AlaskaS3's. Devi helped a little on tuning that one, but I am hoping that sometime before long, I will be able to head to Devi's place fer some fine tuning. ;D

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Well I've just done trying out the stock Triumph tune for the Arrows thingie. Seems to be a good tune. I'm at the mo trying out the same tune but has had Devi's magic wand waved over it. I do have the complete Zard system so any final tune might not be compatible with the Zard can/stock header combo.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
There are LOTS of good tuners out there guys.
It is just that there many more shops that know NOTHING outside of Dynojet Tuning Link software - these guys are not tuners.

It takes experience to find what works, and what doesn't (and sometimes just dumb luck), and learn to know what the graphs and maps are showing you via their trends.

Avi8or - Good to hear the changes helped. It's kinda hard to tune several thousand km away, but sometimes you see things in the graphs and tables that jump out at you - dumb luck and all that. ;D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thats a bloody good shout Stuck..

My tuneboy arrived from Oz this morning and am only waiting for my pal to upgrade my lap top. Once thats done I'm gunna load up Dev's tune he was kind enough to send to me.

I'm running stock header but have a spare with pre cat removed waiting to go on. I'd thought about doing the grinding job on the ports but wanted to do it in stages. SAI present; Zard slip on no baffle.

We have a pro tuner some 75 miles away; he does my mates gixer 1000 sidecar outfit. He's got a good reputation too so I've considered using his services myself to create my own specific tune. Which of course I will be happy to share.

In the mean time I need to walk before running. I get the Lap top back in the next few days; all fixed up with XP.

Email back to Oz and bingo; we're on.

MH

:drink:
StuckInKansas said:
I was thinking (never good) about the fact that there is no "proper" tuneboy tune out there for the Zard cans (or really any single). I propose that we find the best candidate in our Zard clan with a stock header, who is located near a GOOD tuner who knows tuneboy. We should then pool a little money collectively, to pay for dyno tuning before a pre-cat removal, then remove the cat, and dyno tune a modified header with the zard. I think that the whole process shouldn't take too long, or cost any of us too much. We all win, with a badass tune for the zard, with and without header mods. Maybe too much of a pain in the ass? I dunno, its late, I am tired, and this may not make sense to me tomorrow. :wtf:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Monkey, it sounds like you are the best candidate for getting tuning done with both modded/stock headers with the zard can. I am curious about the squid/DVS header project and the zard slip on as well. How much is the tuning and dyno time gonna cost? It may be hard to get some of the zardites to kick in on this(CB ;D), but I am in. Consider it my contributing to the delinquency! I almost don't want to let anyone but Devi to dick with my tuning, but I don't want to add to the poor guys plate. If I had a wife I'd prolly let Devi bone her. :pow:

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'm happy w/ my tuning, but I'm willing to throw some money at this project if it can get some actual dyno time.

PS thanks Cata and Dfib, for getting my tune posted. Not that it's really "mine" (Dev's the man) but thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
Alrighty, here's the deal. Once Devi gets the custom header in his possession that him and squid have been work'n on, he's planning on doing a bit of testing. I have spoken with Devi about heading his way for the weekend when all of this testing is being done. If everything works out to where I can make it, Devi should be able to test the Zard with the stock header, re-worked header, and the new custom header all with proper tunes of course. It will also be a good time to see how the Zard compares to a couple other mid-pipe exhaust systems(Chain Reaction and Trident). If you guys are serious about donating a little to the cause, I recommend sending a little Devi's way for all his trouble on this. I'm gonna scrounge up all I can to help him out with the dyno time when all of this testing will be done, and just cross my fingers that I'll be able to make the trip when it's being done. ;D

G

·
I'm sure we can throw a few bucks at the project. :drink: Hey cheap, if ya riding ol' yella there ya best set off now! :twofinger:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like where this is goin'...giggidy,giggidy.... I remember Devi having said something about trying to get some dyno time for some tuning work. What do ya say Dev? If you can work your magic on a dyno with all three headers and the zard, I would kick in on some dyno time. I would love to get enough together between all of us to pay for the dyno time, fuel, and some beer money for ya Dev. I should be able order my tuneboy cable and key in about a week. Header mod here I come!!!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I am working on getting dyno time now. The problem is getting enough time at one time so I can test this stuff as close together as possible.

I am doing the Header testing and tuning.
If you want to slip in some Zard tuning and testing at the same time, send money to Cheap for the dyno time, and I will donate my time for tuning in order to learn more and come up with a specific tune. :)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
AlaskaS3 said:
Yeah BEER money. None of this Woodford Reserve (cat pee) stuff you fancy.
I guess you roughneck types wouldn't know good bourbon if it rained from heaven. :fingure:

Now if we had good beer here in the DEEP south like they brew up there...

·
Registered
501 Posts
I dont suppose the Queens English pounds are any use to you boys but I'm happy to send some funds over the pond to make a contribution.

I should be up an running this weekend. Just got my lap top back and have loaded the disc ready to rock and roll...

Wish me luck.

:beer:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dev, I am not sure how comfortable I am giving cheap my money ;D, and as far as good beer goes, I can bring some local brew with me when I come down there for this crazy party at cheaps house. That is assuming you'll be there.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I'm definitely good for some funds once ya get everything sorted out... Let me know where to send the money. (Are we sure we want CB handling the money? :wtf: )

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
If you fellers want in the tuning, I promise you can trust me. If sumt'n just so happens to fall thru, and I can't make it when Devi is doing the tuning, I'll refund it all, every penny. Devi has told me that as of right now, it looks like we're look'n at $50 an hour for the dyno. He said it would prolly take a good hour for each header(stock, modified header, and proto header) tune. If you want to contribute what you can, that's fine, pm me and we will work out the details. If not, then I'm prolly going anyways, but I will prolly only be able to work with one header(more than likely mine modified, and if I can swing it myself, I will try to get tuned with the proto header also. ;)) If you fellers end up donating more than is needed for the cause, I will leave it up to you to decide if you want it refunded, or given to Devi for his time. But as it looks right now, I will donate atleast $50-75 to get her tuned in right for a modified header. ;) ;D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hey Cheap,
I'm up for helping out. If you PM me your details I'll get hold of 50 US dollars (£25 quid to the UK boys watching) and send them over.
MH

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheap, set up a paypal account, and this will happen. I will gladly chip in $50 bucks(or more) on this. My vote for the extra money(if any's left) to go to Dev for his trouble, and your gas for the trip out to his place. Set up a paypal account and it will be much easier for us all (especially Monkeyhanger) to chip in. Put a link up here for the account, and we can make this happen!

1 - 20 of 149 Posts