Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my plugs, fuel filter and air filter and now the engine light stays on when I start her up. Idles real low so I just shut it down. Took everything apart to make sure the fuel filter is installed the right direction and all of the hoses were connected but still have the same problem. Can't figure out what's wrong. Any ideas? 2007 Speed Triple.

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
I just changed my plugs, fuel filter and air filter and now the engine light stays on when I start her up. Idles real low so I just shut it down. Took everything apart to make sure the fuel filter is installed the right direction and all of the hoses were connected but still have the same problem. Can't figure out what's wrong. Any ideas? 2007 Speed Triple.
had a similar problem with a 2004 Daytona last week. Installed a new battery....got check engine light. After 3 heat cycles it was gone. (heat cycle = cold start till fan comes on then let cool down.)

if that doesn't work, then something is actually not right.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Check your throttle body balance for that.

Heat cycles is what I meant... brain wasn't working well yesterday

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Since I only use Apple computers and they only make TuneBoy for pc's looks like I'll need to take it to the dealer.

Thanks anyway.
You just need to install Virtualbox on your Mac and a copy of windblows. Easy to do. I don't own a windows box, but my Macbook Pro does all my tuning duties without trouble.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Yup. That's the one.

If you're computer savvy at all Virtualbox should be no trouble. Read the documentation carefully, and read the advice in the comments on Amazon. I use Windows 7 in a virtual machine, but I've also used Windows XP (as well as various flavors of Linux. It's a great platform on which to test software.) Shoot me a message if you have any questions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Huge thanks for your time. Much appreciated.

Just in case anyone is interested I uploaded a video of the idle. My hand is holding the throttle just above idle to keep it from stalling but I'm not moving my hand. [video=youtube;5REMyHb3Ovo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5REMyHb3Ovo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Apples are for gay boys or grandmas. Real men use Unix and LIKE it. HTFU.

Peal the skin of that apple and you'll find Unix at the core. I can do more with one good command line than all the BS GUI crap can do in a week. What a waste of CPU cycles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Problem solved.

Somehow.

I took everything apart and put it back together again and after three tries she finally worked. Didn't do anything different. Maybe a kinked line somewhere.

Weird.

·
Registered
12,396 Posts
yep. my bet it was a throttle body that wasn't seated/sealed to the box. If you ever have to give the bike any throttle input to start or idle, something is fuct up, and you'll just make it worse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.