Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Gilles Vario clip ons and the head light adapter to mount it to the forks. I really like the undertail on freestyle designs. I will post pics, the site is great. I hope it grows.

·
Premium Member
71,086 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
:picsstfu: :picsstfu: :picsstfu: :picsstfu: :picsstfu: :picsstfu: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

·
Registered
7,370 Posts

I've added 3" risers since and I'm now upright like I've got handlebars. Best part is that I have virtually unlimited adjustment inbetween.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
love the speedo

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
hate the speedo

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
don't mind the speedo, but my question is why would you get clip-ons only to raise them up to bar height? What's the point? ???

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
still puts you lower bars are farther foward and there is no riser to keep your helmet higher.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Well, if I do a trackday I can quickly and easily change the height and angle of my bars using a 13mm socket and a hex key. Or, if I just feel like changing up my riding position, I can do it in minutes. What options do you have with handlebars other than to swap out bars or risers? IMO, this setup is ideal.

Love or hate the Veypor, it does full dyno measurements on the street, 0-60, 60-0, quarter mile, 1/8th mile, lap timing, shift lights, gear indication... Plus, it is half the size of the stock tach. I have a few carbon bits on the bike, but for the most part I've put it together to be simple and brutal.

·
Registered
243 Posts
As far as bar mods go, the only thing i did was roll the stock bars back a few degrees and i'm much more comfortable, even in the full tuck at 135. it also shifts my weight just a bit further back making it slightly easier to loft the front wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts