Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

Clutch cable

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  oldbaldsob 
#1 ·
I did a search and found nothing about this particular problem...

I just notice that the clutch cable housing on my '06 with 7500 miles is melted through and/or cut in a few places where it runs near the radiator. Looks like it spent a little too much time touching the radiator while I sat in traffic. It also looks like it was cut through by a screw it rubbed up against. It is routed through the wire guides attached to the radiator, just the way it came from the dealer. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to try to get them to give me a new cable under warranty.

#2 ·
Mine has a couple of spots that look worn due to contact with the radiator, just under the the guide that attaches to the radiator. It's going in soon for the brake fix and I was going to try to get them to replace the cable. Let me know if you have any luck getting it done.

#3 ·
Just got back from the shop. They said they'd put in the warranty request but that it should get approved. I'll know in 3-4 days. They also said to check if my bike needs the brake work done (the bolt replacement, I assume). I'll let you all know. You might want to check your clutch cables.

#4 ·
I noticed the same on my bike when I got it. Went back to the dealer, and found the same thing on three other S3s. I just wrapped it and reworked the routing a little bit, so its not so close to the rad.

#5 ·
Just spoke with the dealer. REJECTED!

What the F--K!!!

Triumph is of the opinion that, because the bike has been in service for a year, they are not responsible. I reminded the dealer that the bike has a 2 year warranty. They said that Triumph says it's the fault of the dealer who did the setup. I called that dealer and was told that the service guy has gone home for the day. I'll call back on Monday.

#6 ·
white06S3 said:
Just spoke with the dealer. REJECTED!

What the F--K!!!

Triumph is of the opinion that, because the bike has been in service for a year, they are not responsible. I reminded the dealer that the bike has a 2 year warranty. They said that Triumph says it's the fault of the dealer who did the setup. I called that dealer and was told that the service guy has gone home for the day. I'll call back on Monday.
Same thing happened to my clutch cable. Except that I actually wore a pinhole through my radiator causing a coolant leak! I'm getting the radiator repaired so it shouldn't be too much $$$. And my issue is not covered under warranty either.  :finger: 

Everybody, check and make sure your clutch cable is not coming into contact with your rad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.