Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, super great fun bike! Can’t imagine many I would enjoy more. That said, it is stalling several seconds after the first cold start. On the second startup it goes to fast idle and is fine, but always stalls after the first start. I tried the popular 12 minute tune and it hasn’t changed. Recently replaced spark plugs and air filter. Could the fast idle screw be sticking and freeing up after the first start? Warm start is great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all, super great fun bike! Can’t imagine many I would enjoy more. That said, it is stalling several seconds after the first cold start. On the second startup it goes to fast idle and is fine, but always stalls after the first start. I tried the popular 12 minute tune and it hasn’t changed. Recently replaced spark plugs and air filter. Could the fast idle screw be sticking and freeing up after the first start? Warm start is great.
You are right, not too many bikes more fun than these. There is no fast idle screw as such but there is an idle speed control that may be a little sticky but I think that’s unlikely. Do you have or can you get TuneECU, a free program for tuning Triumphs? You can check the operation of the idle speed control and lots of other checks as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen it mentioned but wasn’t sure what it is and didn’t know it is a free program. I will look into that, thanks.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Some people who have had trouble with their idle speed controllers have replaced them with an old style screw stop with good results. I had trouble with my ISC and was able to get it working again by squirting a little oil into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is funny how a little wd40 can fix so many things. I will just live with it I think because I don’t feel like removing the tank again, it is kind of a pain to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts