Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a stupid Canadian kind of question but myself and 4 others are going to be riding Hwy 20 through Washington with the goal of passing through Kettle Falls on the way to Christina Lake.

We are considering either the Sherman Scenic Byway over or (what appears to be) a very twisty set of roads through the Colville Reservation.

Some of you guys/gals get pretty fired up about guns and were saying you have them for crossing reservations due to safety. Would I be safe to assume this is not one of those places I would need to be concerned?

Even if there is some insight from a local who rides through there often on best route option...... Thanks.

Option A (desired route I think): https://goo.gl/maps/jgX9YDjkntw

Option B: https://goo.gl/maps/jdFdkPBFYSB2

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
This may sound like a stupid Canadian kind of question but myself and 4 others are going to be riding Hwy 20 through Washington with the goal of passing through Kettle Falls on the way to Christina Lake.

We are considering either the Sherman Scenic Byway over or (what appears to be) a very twisty set of roads through the Colville Reservation.

Some of you guys/gals get pretty fired up about guns and were saying you have them for crossing reservations due to safety. Would I be safe to assume this is not one of those places I would need to be concerned?

Even if there is some insight from a local who rides through there often on best route option...... Thanks.

Option A (desired route I think): https://goo.gl/maps/jgX9YDjkntw

Option B: https://goo.gl/maps/jdFdkPBFYSB2
Why would anybody be afraid to cross a reservation? Jeeze. It's not like they're organized like the Russian mafia or hate everyone who doesn't have a ponytail. Worst case scenario, they don't have any salmon to sell you, or fireworks. Offer to share your booze. No problems.

(That said, Reservation Police can be assholes if you're hooning about. Just be smart.)

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
I've ridden through the rosebud reservation a few times. Once with Doug and protege. Even stopped for a beer at a sketchy bar just off the res. Never had an issue. Everyone seemed friendly.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
We did? How about that...

·
Registered
32,017 Posts

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
We did? How about that...
Southwest corner of the reservation. A few miles south of the Bad Lands south entrance. It was after the sunflower fields.

Sent from my butthole using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Christ. I'm the one that's should have the bad memory.

Sent from my butthole using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Trooth in advratizing.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Yea. I member that, just didn't realize that we rode through a reservation.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Yea. I member that, just didn't realize that we rode through a reservation.
Yes sir. I think we rode 44 through the northern section. I rode 18 through the southern part on the way to the RMR. Met an Indian lady working the stop sign during road construction. As I approached I noticed her sitting in her car. Once she got out to stop me she apologized and said another worker was attacked and killed by a mountain lion a week earlier in that area. :wtf:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Was a great trip, decent weather, was only wet for one of the three days (total). Food was good, no traffic, no police, lots of bear sightings, and only one bike issue. Speedy had issues charging the battery and died mid-ride in the middle of nowhere, fortunately we were able to swap some batteries, pull the light fuses and get it home. All in all a great time. Got 17k solid km out of the pilot 4 rear, time for a new piece of rubber.....

Pictures are pretty average cause my Lumix battery was dead so no "real" camera to take pictures with......next time.

Can't wait for our epic Hell's Canyon ride next year, already up to 6 I believe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts