Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CB., Devious and HiVel had a wild biker week-end in Alabama -most of it is censored but we do have some dyno pics just in case you guys think we made all this stuff up. (Ha) What a rip. I know some roads where there are no speed limits and CB set the new world S- 3 wheelie speed and distance record Saturday!! Dev burned up the Dyno! Stay tuned. i just outrran them both up to 70 mph with my ghost white speed machine with 17/44 gearing ! Fun!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
HiVel said:
i just outrran them both up to 70 mph with my ghost white speed machine with 17/44 gearing ! Fun!
Somebody was sniffing too many exhaust fumes on Friday. ;D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Cretins! ;D

Friday we were on the dyno - until it crapped out on us. Then went to Barber Motorsports museum.
Saturday we spent the morning trying to locate an oxygen sensor for the dyno, then went riding, had lunch at a cycle resort, and rode some more.

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
:picsstfu: :picsstfu: :picsstfu:

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
what is that stock exhaust doing on my bike? :violent1: :horse:

that's more like it...

heck, even these will do... ;D

I don't know who the feller is stand'n next to my bike being so rude... :finger:

I'm not telling who's who, you fellers gotta guess...
'dem bama boys are scary, I was afraid this pic was gonna turn into a scene straight out of Deliverance! :eek:

one little hint...

Hivel is the young one. ;) ;D

I got some more pics coming later, I went off and forgot my camera, but Devi obliged to lemme use his at the Barber Museum and all, so I will have to git some of them up. The 'Bama Boys' were great, and showed good ol' cheap some great southern hospitality. Devi was a damn good host, and even his wife put up with me fer a few days. I must admit, I had a dang blast, I even gots to drive the Lotus. ;D I also got to take a spin on the Devi machine, so lots more to come later guys. And I've got lots to tell ya about that crazy young Hivel feller too. ;) ;D

Hivel's famous words...

"I'll keep it under 100"

his word is about as useless as Limey is in a room full of beautiful women. :laugh:

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
cheapbastard said:
Hivel's famous words...

"I'll keep it under 100"

his word is about as useless as Limey is in a room full of beautiful women. :laugh:
Wow... I mean, Wow... That useless? Wow...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
It WAS a blast.

The best part was watching CB in the Barber Museum - like a kid in a candy store. The expression as we walked in, and he saw that the place was packed 5 stories deep with mostly bikes (thousands of them) - was PRICELESS.

You name the bike, it's there. From little Wizzers, and the very first motorcycles, to modern race bikes, and a LOT you never heard of. And most of it is broken down by era or manufacturer. It is a real learning experience.

I like to go every couple of months and look at how some of the bikes were built in the past compared to today. Some of the stuff built prior to the early 1960's is built with such quality and care, it makes the modern stuff look like cheap plastic beads.

CB took over 70 photos of bikes and cars in the museum. About 3 hours later, CB and I wandered out, and just talked about what all we had seen over the next few hours.

G

·
crashmasterd said:
cheapbastard said:
Hivel's famous words...

"I'll keep it under 100"

Wow... I mean, Wow... That useless? Wow...
I'm not useless. I make the rest of ya look good. :finger:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The forks I sent to Traxxion are painted black and look great. They are not back yet.

The ones on the bike in the photo are a set I bought from Ebay - the left one is screwed up, and does not adjust. They are not completely painted - just a quick spray with self etching primer that I didn't get a chance to finish before CB showed up. But it was that or nothing. :embarassed:

You should also notice that the right side radiator cowl is not on the bike either.

AND the brakes are back to the stock stuff - so I can get the caliper pistons updated.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts