Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone done a comparison of the available seat options for the S3? I tried the search engine and found several people that have one or the other but no direct comparisons.

Reason I ask is I have a line on a good deal on either a Sergant or a Triumph Gel seat. Can't decide which one to snag. Neither is local so before I have one shipped out I thought I'd check here. :)

Sean

·
Registered
469 Posts
Gel seats are gimmicks.

I have a Sargent, it is far and away more comfortable than a stock seat. Corbin is another option, unless you have an 02-04. Sargent and Corbin both have a great reputation and I've really never heard anyone say bad things about either

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have both the Sargent and the Corbin. I will eventually sell one or both. I will do a thororugh comparison soon. Preliminary observations: The Sargent pan is finished very nicely; it is somewhat flexible like the stock pan. The storage cylinder is nice. Overall the seat is about the same weight as the stock seat. The seat surface is about a half inch wider than either the stock seat or the Corbin, and the vinyl has a similar give to the Stock seat. The Corbin is quite a bit heavier, and the pan is much stiffer, and looks much more crudely finished. The Foam seems heavier, but a bit less springy. The surface is more slippery.

I have ridden 6000+ miles on the Corbin, and just over 1000 on the Sargent. That leaves around 2000- on the stock seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.