The Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I’ve got my eye on a 2010 speedy 3 which currently has a twin can set up. My intention if I purchase it is to revert to a lowboy option, unfortunately here in the uk those options are limited due to most aftermarket exhaust manufacturers only producing for the 2011 model and up. I’ve noticed competition werkes do a nice low boy option which I’m quite happy to have shipped from the US. Does anyone on here over in North America have that particular exhaust, and if so how good is it and more importantly, how does it sound.

Mav!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Lots of members going back as far as 2007 have used the Comp Werks low mount. From my recollection, most seemed to like it. I prefer the high mounts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lots of members going back as far as 2007 have used the Comp Werks low mount. From my recollection, most seemed to like it. I prefer the high mounts.

I've got the Black 2010 Special Edition S3 fitted with a comp werkes pipe in titanium and it is the best sounding pipe IMHO for the triple, along with great aesthetics. I did not have to remap the fueling, had it on for 7 years and never a problem. It sounds great on acceleration as well as downshifting while blipping. Have a SC project on my 2018 Tuono Factory and that bike is LOUD, but the comp werkes suits the triple just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all. I’ve got my eye on a 2010 speedy 3 which currently has a twin can set up. My intention if I purchase it is to revert to a lowboy option, unfortunately here in the uk those options are limited due to most aftermarket exhaust manufacturers only producing for the 2011 model and up. I’ve noticed competition werkes do a nice low boy option which I’m quite happy to have shipped from the US. Does anyone on here over in North America have that particular exhaust, and if so how good is it and more importantly, how does it sound.

Mav!!!

Hey Mate ,
I’m sitting on a 2008 1050 speed triple that has a low boy Comp Werkes on it. This exhaust has grown on me in the year or so that I’ve owned my speedie . It would get on my nerves randomly when downshifting and sometimes it would sputter obnoxiously whilst idling; yet this is coming from the same guy who was complaining on my 2017 fz 07 that had a full carbon fiber Akropovic racing exhaust and a 2017 pro Z125 Kawasaki with a full two brothers exhaust on it . The comp is a great combo with the speedies pre 2012 ish ( so I’ve read) , and obviously you’ll want to be sure to flash your ECU / remap the fuel if you do . I ended up flashing my 08 triple with an 0db2 cable
Ordered from Lonetec ( great product/honest company ) and uploaded the “ tune of death “ map from Tune ecu .... LET ME TELL YOU... it’s like riding a whole new hog after that . And sounds like a fucking dream .

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couple of gorgeous looking speedy’s there fellas, and man don’t they look so much better with all crap stripped off the back end and fat rear wheel on show. My old speedy had a BOS gts series which could also be an option, but might have to bite the bullet and get a werkes shipped over the pond & seeing as We still have at least another month of chill to endure here in the uk, it’ll be worth the wait.

Tune of death sounds right up my street too!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have a 2010 S3 with the CW exhaust and echo the above sentiments

I love low exhaust but sometimes wonder if the dual under tails from a Daytona 675 would work on the S3.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I too have a 2010 S3 with the CW exhaust and echo the above sentiments
View attachment 44159

I love low exhaust but sometimes wonder if the dual under tails from a Daytona 675 would work on the S3.
View attachment 44160
Hmmm..... Maybe if you jacked up the back end then yes, Personally it’s lowboy all day long for me on a streetfighter. It Gives the tail, wheel and exhaust definition. Look at that clearance!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts