Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, had some minor appearance work done to the bike by the shop, scratched blinker and on off plastic parts.
It was all covered stuff, just bring it in and we will square it out, great they did that but now I have two sets of cables that are not being routed properly.

So I'm riding home and I look down, I'm thinking something does not LOOK right? controls are new those look good but something is not right.
Could not figure it out until I got off the bike and looked at it from the side.

For some reason they decided to run the control cables for my blinkers and the on off control cables in a different manner.
i.e. not with the brake and clutch cables over the top and to the front of the triple clamp. They left these ones to run right down to the side of the frame and it looks like dog spank!!!

How hard is it for me to either take the plastic module apart for each to unplug (or can I) or unplug it from the wiring harness (under the tank I assume?) to re-rout these cables.... Am I looking at a lot of work that will require special tools or should I bring it back to the shop and sit there and wait for it to get done.

I have been off the bike for a few weeks waiting for this work to be completed and now that I have it back I don't wont to be with out it again.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
That sounds like it would look like crap. Is this from a dealership? I would definitely find a new shop/ :poop:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you...

I just wanted to know I could take it apart like that before I tried and then found out it was a closed unit and the wires are soldered to the connection or something....

The shop said they would do it, but I don't want to be with out my bike any more days than I have to.

Like I said, I just got it back and just want to ride...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Didn't think about it earlier but there's a little locating pin on the switch assemblies so they will only fit one place on the bar. So you can put everything back just like stock or remove the plastic pin and put it where you want, the screws will keep it secure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.