So my story. I bought a new 1200 RS last year (after much deliberation) after having loved the 1050RS I'd had previously.
I had a shocking start to my Triumph experience with a dented tank on collection so had to wait two months for a replacement, a seat that had to be replaced on warranty, bolts coming undone, the dreaded "low oil pressure warning" and then the final straw which was a complete shut down (mid corner!!) which nearly had me off. The bike went back to the dealer to be told that the low oil warning was just a known issue that Triumph was working on and that effectively there was nothing that could be done!!
So that was the end of my Triumph experience as far as I was concerned. I emailed Tim Bloor (yes I really was that pi$$ed off!), told him exactly what I thought of his bikes and booked a test ride on a new Tuono. I assumed that would be that.
Then this happened. I had an email, text and call from the Director of operations imploring me to stick with the brand, it wasn't the experience they would want and that he would personally arrange for everything to be sorted. I was genuinely shocked as I'd just wanted a rant before binning the bike off.
Anyway, after some back and forth, I decided to take him up soon his offer. 24 hours later a truck turned up at my door, they collected the bike, took it back to Hinkley and performed the following:
- ECM status report to check existing software installed
- Tyre pressures set and chain lube
- 17 mile road test to confirm oil pressure light fault, light came on after 10 miles.
- Chassis control unit software updated to the latest version which was released to resolve false flagging of the oil pressure light
- A new Triumph Shift assist unit fitted to alleviate any concerns raised with this occasionally not working
- A new RH Switchcube/Kill switch fitted to alleviate any concerns raised with the bike cutting out.
- A new battery fitted to the smart key to alleviate any concerns raised with the key occasionally not working
- Road tested for a further 17 miles to confirm all concerns that you have raised/experienced are now resolved.
- Bike refuelled to replace fuel used during road testing.
- Service bulletin SB600 for an upgraded detent spring on the gear selection behind the clutch and safety recall
- Service bulletin SB605 for a cooling fan heat shield to be fitted on the back of the radiator fan along with a change to keep the cooling fan running for a short period after turning the bike off to aid the cooling down of the motorcycle.
Another 24 hours later and the bike was returned and back in my garage!!!
I've got to say in 35 years of biking I've never come across customer service like it. I actually felt like a valued customer and not just a number on a spreadsheet. Most importantly, my bike is back and running properly and I'm 100% committed to staying with the brand.