Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone, I'm new to this website and loving it (great place). Just bought a brand new 0km Red Speed3 2004 in November and can't wait to take it out.

My question is the following, a friend of mine told me that someone posted a topic here whereby someone cut the original mirrors to make them shorter which improves the looks. Has anyone seen this and how was it done. Pictures would be good too.

Thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave: Haven't seen any pictures of someone doing that. If you don't like the look of the stock mirrors, just get rid of them and get yourself some aftermarket ones. There is a lot to choose from!!

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
I heated the bars and bent them another ~20 degrees. It looks a little better IMO and works much better. I just sanded and repainted them with black gloss and they look very stock. I will get new mirrors after I finish paying off the other mods I want, but had to have functional mirrors in the short term. (yeah I'm cheaper than CB).

WTF - a new '04??? Where did you find that?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
trippeee said:
I heated the bars and bent them another ~20 degrees. It looks a little better IMO and works much better. I just sanded and repainted them with black gloss and they look very stock. I will get new mirrors after I finish paying off the other mods I want, but had to have functional mirrors in the short term. (yeah I'm cheaper than CB).

WTF - a new '04??? Where did you find that?
i did the same. works good enough for and the price was right 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info... Do you have any pictures of the mirrors you can send me or post?

As for the 04 new bike...I'm from Montreal, Canada. At the dealership where I bought it, they had a Green one and the red one. My work buddy bought the Green one and I the Red, in November. Bought them both brand new. Here in Montreal, not many people ride Triumph...mostly Japanese and Harley's.

There is still one Green in a Montreal dealer if anyone is interested...check the web site http://www.motomontreal.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts