Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend the fellas and I took a trip from Seattle to whitefish Montana. Only to be interupted on the first day by a switchback in northeast WA. I could be more squidlike and make up a great story but I plain ol came in way too hot, rode wide and nailed the rail after sliding through gravel. Not too impressive to the Harley's in the group after talking shit all day long about how Harley's sucked, after all they were still on their 900 lb overpriced oil leaker's, and I was picking up my no longer spotless triple. No major injuries, big ass bruise on my leg and ego. The major damage being a dent in the lower fork slider and a larger dent in the lower portion of the usd fork, right at the dust seal.

Does anyone have suggestions, the dealer said $795 for the left assembly, and Ohlins is out of the question. What are my chances of finding used forks for a 1050 05+?

Thanks,
Remmy

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
A GSXR swap would be cheapest, but you'd have to find a new home for your ignition unless you got a custom top triple made. However, I think the axle size is the same so you'd be fine on that front.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I hear ya on the guardrails hurting bit, you're lucky you got off that easy man. Here's the results of my run-in with a guardrail!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash, I think you'd be best doing the gsxr swap also. The one I saw on ebay was spanking new off the showroom bike with the brakes and everything you'd need. Better brakes and better forks for less than the dealer will get ya. IF you can find one used (good luck) it'd be a cheaper solution, But look at the bright side, the damage gives you a great excuse to upgrade your bike. ;D

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
dang dude, sorry to hear. Hope you get your bike sorted quickly and are back up and running. And you are VERY lucky to only have some bruises after a round with the guard rail. :eek: To a speedy recovery! :drink:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
At least you're okay. Better to have to fix the bike and spend time in the garage than in the hospital. +1 with everybody else - good excuse to upgrade.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, its just like me to ask for advise and not take it.... Perry at GP suspension north hooked me up with new upper and lowers and will re-assemble for less than $350. Couldnt pass it up. If anyone in seattle to tacoma area needs suspension work he is your man.

Thanks for everyones concern, I appreciate the members dedication to this site, I havent posted much but read nearly every post and is nice to tap into such a wealth of knowlege, along with the wealth of bullshit.

Remmy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.