Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi From New Zealand, I know this topic has been dealt with in the past, I am seeing some mixed messages from some of the posts, I have 2008 Speed Triple running air box mods with velocity stacks, SAS removed, 02 sensor delete, after market high
mount pipes,arrow mid section cat delete and Arrow map to suit mods, I am about to fit Daytona exhaust cam to the inlet and the speed triple inlet to the exhaust with APE adjustable cam sprockets, the question I am asking which is the preferred cam centre line setting , intake 96 deg exhaust 104 deg or 102/104 or some other setting, of coarse I will be having a tune done when the job is completed. I am about to start the cam conversion in the next couple days, any help would be much appreciated.

Brian Moon Moonshine

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
For that setup, I think you'll find 104 inlet and 96 exhaust is what you will be looking for.

I used to correspond with this guy who used to race an 07 bike with the above cam swap.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
For that setup, I think you'll find 104 inlet and 96 exhaust is what you will be looking for.

I used to correspond with this guy who used to race an 07 bike with the above cam swap.

I did did his TB's and was there for that dyno. He should've kept that bike...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brian Moon Moonshine,
Thanks for every body who replied to my Daytona Cam Question and the information from Bad Santa 1050, I will going with 104 inlet 96 exhaust, I will keep in touch with everybody on the progress,I do full introduction of myself
in the New Introduction Center shortly

Cheers Brian Moon Moonshine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Late reply, How is it going Brian. I had mine done in late September 2020, along with a full map. Its a new bike. The graphs say a lot, the riding says the rest. I have a CRM low shorty and the growl is insane when its on song. Ive done probably 10k since then with no issues. I have the intake trumpets too but not the airbox mod, Im happy with the bike now. See pic below for timing.

Enjoy the old Speed. I rode the new 1200 speed, love it, but the old girl has soul ! Will never sell my black pig.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Late reply, How is it going Brian. I had mine done in late September 2020, along with a full map. Its a new bike. The graphs say a lot, the riding says the rest. I have a CRM low shorty and the growl is insane when its on song. Ive done probably 10k since then with no issues. I have the intake trumpets too but not the airbox mod, Im happy with the bike now. See pic below for timing.

View attachment 44226

Enjoy the old Speed. I rode the new 1200 speed, love it, but the old girl has soul ! Will never sell my black pig.
Impressive results. That's very close timing to my RACECOMP Stage 1 cams.

The timing used on Rob's race bike always intrigued me.

The timing you used is close to what TuneBoy Wayne recommends for Daytona Cams and for his Stage 1 Cams.
He likes 98 inlet 102 outlet.
Interestingly, Rob's race bike made more peak torque - 109nm. But 144 Horses at the wheel is fantastic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rockster interested to know who tuned it, did you delete the O2 & what dyno was used.
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Rockster, I have been a bit slack, I have all the parts to do the cam change but and haven't started yet,I have two other bikes to ride as well,I think the only putting me off is dialing the cams in,
I have the gear to dial the cams in,did you dial your cams in yourself.
Cheers Moonshine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Rockster, I have been a bit slack, I have all the parts to do the cam change but and haven't started yet,I have two other bikes to ride as well,I think the only putting me off is dialing the cams in,
I have the gear to dial the cams in,did you dial your cams in yourself.
Cheers Moonshine
Sorry for the late reply, life got in the way.

My cam mod and tune (tune ecu) work was all done by Ben Henry at CUBE Performance on the Gold Coast. I cannot recommend him highly enough, the result is awesome.

Just fyi, my old black pig speed has 120,000km on it and still going strong. I run the 'tona ex on my intake and my intake on my ex. APE cam wheels, intake trumpets stock air box, k&n filter, stock headers and a CRM shorty/mid pipe with o2 delete. I use Subaru upper engine cleaner every 20,000 to keep the combustion spotless, oil changes every 5k, and ride it like I stole it.

Do it, its a great mod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rockster interested to know who tuned it, did you delete the O2 & what dyno was used.
Cheers
Gday sussurf sorry for the late reply.
Ben Henry at Cube Performance on the Gold Coast did all my work. Fantastic bloke and a great shop.
Im not sure what his dyno is, they are all different hence my comments about how much better the bike feels rather than the number.
02 is deleted, have intake trumpets, stock air box and ex headers, k&n filter, CRM shorty and mid pipe (no cat).
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to confuse people, Rockster is The Greig. Had issues with old work email, new profile. Would merge if I could.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes The Greig is me. I didnt realise the phone was logged into the other profile. i will avoid using it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know dynos aren't dynos but that impressive. My somewhat more modified Daytona 955i makes about that much....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts