Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I am looking for a cam, haven't seen an 02 onward Daytona cam, plenty of earlier 00 cams, Also thinking about 955 'tona headers, some are on the bay cheap. Just fitting 'tona carbon wheels back done, waiting on a wheel bearing for the front - price was right!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
9 Posts
Any advice on getting hold of the correct cam gratefully received other models / years which have the same cam. Also the timing, assume it is set when cam is fully depressing valves on cylinder 1, in mid top dwell?

· Registered
6,422 Posts
Any advice on getting hold of the correct cam gratefully received other models / years which have the same cam. Also the timing, assume it is set when cam is fully depressing valves on cylinder 1, in mid top dwell?
Hi Simon,

1 - 02 to 2006 955 Daytonas. I believe there may have been a part number change around 04, but the difference in spec is negligible.

2 - If you are lucky you might find some on ebay (good luck with that!). Imperial Sportbikes are a pretty good source of used Triumph parts, often stock more than what they have listed. Worth a shot.
I know some people just cut to the chase and purchased the new exhaust cam from bikebandit.com and accepted the wait/lead time.

3 - I would assume so - my theoretical understanding is that the measurement is based from Top Dead Centre, however that is beyond the realm of my expertise.
Perhaps try contacting Sussurf who commented earlier - I believe he was involved first hand in the race bike which had the cam swap.

· Registered
9 Posts
Got some 02 Daytona cams, the quoted exhaust timing from forum makes no sense, so if anyone is in the know please let me know. Fitted 955 carbon front wheel, needed daytona discs as pcd is different, also needed to machine disc spacers as offset is different and new wheel spacers, but all done now. Will fit cams, when warmer and Daytona headers

· Registered
9 Posts
Got some 02 Daytona cams, the quoted exhaust timing from forum makes no sense, so if anyone is in the know please let me know. Fitted 955 carbon front wheel, needed daytona discs as pcd is different, also needed to machine disc spacers as offset is different and new wheel spacers, but all done now. Will fit cams, when warmer and Daytona headers

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts