Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. I work for the Cycle Barn MotorSports Group, a large three dealer 8 brand company just north of Seattle, WA. I am the public relations guy, so as one of many parts of my job I get to ride virtually everything. I own a Speed Triple that gets the most use, and I run our RAT Pack and several other clubs.

I have been riding for 40 years, and my 2006 Speed Triple ranks in a tie for the finest bike of the plus-300 I have ridden.

Oh yes, my point. I read a lot of posts on this and other forums about dealerships, and a lot of them make me wince. Some folks post a rant before even asking their dealership how the problem can be solved. Others seem to not be aware of how most dealerships operate, or they are basing their thoughts on "conventional wisdom" that is not very accurate.

So, if you are perplexed my how your dealer is operating, feel free to ask. I may also be perplexed, or I might be able to shed some light. If it is one of our dealerships, of course, I either should know the answer or can find out easily.

Until we chat, ride safe, ride fast, and ride often!

Dave Preston
Public Relations, etc.
Cycle Barn MotorSports Group

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Hey Dave,

Not everyone has bad experiences with their dealerships, but very few take the time to say anything about their good experiences. Unfortunately there are a number of notorious dealerships that get a lot of bad press- and probably deservedly so.

For instance, I've been associated with Cascade Moto Classics (who I'm sure you know) for almost 12 years now. I can't say enough about their quality of service and the good treatment I've had from them. Kelly and Janice have always treated me right, and their sales and service is excellent.

OTOH, Portland Motorcycle is a horrible dealership that I wouldn't send anyone to. I know lots of people with bad experiences there. I drive an extra 20 miles just to avoid the place, and there are a lot of people that have switched dealerships because of their experience with Portland Motorcycle.

So don't worry too much about dealership comments you read here. Most of them come from people who only have once dealership choice and that's a bad one.

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
:wave: welcome aboard Dave, don't make me throat punch ya! :slap: ;) ;D Take things a little less serious, and ya should have a little fun around here, and maybe even learn a thing or two. I ain't gots nut'n against any good dealers, it's the no good POS dealers that I have to deal with that I wanna throat punch. :slap: ;D 2 months arguing with them over the front brake warr issue, and still not resolved! :violent1: My warr runs out in like a month, so the bastards better git on the ball. Maybe good ol' Dave-o could give 'em a call of persuasion? ;) If that don't work, maybe me and you can go punch them in the throat! :slap: ;D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cheapbastard: Come on now... we need more throat punching than that :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :horse: :horse: :horse: :violent1: :violent1: :drink:

edit: Ooops, Hi David :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.