Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all ..

Can anyone share with me the best sound that u hv heard on a S3 exhaust mod? I hv just got a set of Arrow 3-1, the looks i must say is very nice. It really cleans up the rear-end with a much neater definition (but of course for the $$$ it costs, it better be) .. but truly with the sound, i am much disappointed.

"Music to my ears could be noice to others" ... on the contary i really expected more NOISE on a streetfighter then music. At the moment, my Arrow 3-1 is producing music comparing with my guys who r on the DucatiS4RSwith termi pipes (the dealers of each make, tells me that they r different engines. Some even gave me a good example between a Mitsubishi Evo(Triumph) and a Subura WRX(Ducati).

There is only a handfull of TS3 in Singapore. The killer looks of the machine do live up to its reputation of a streetfighter .. Now all i need is "The Sound" to bring out the Hooligan.Can i do any mod to my Arrows 3-1? Or do i hv to fit on a different exhausts(Please let this be the lasts resort) to turn the heads of the Harley riders?

Fearless(Singapore)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I cannot speak for all exhausts, only the ones I have heard in person, on this bike. Comparing the stock, TORS, M4, Trident, Chain Reacton, Arrow, and Zard, I like the Trident sound best. Very deep and powerful sounding - I get compliments all the time on the sound of the bike.

Any laminated silencer (carbon or fiberglass) will absorb the high pitch tones that are simply reflected inside of a metal silencer. But be aware that some "carbon" silencers are mearly carbon over a metal can - like the earlier Triumph TORS for the 955 bikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any hope on my 2wks old Arrow3-1 ?? Sob!Sob!
Any Doctors or Surgeons in the house who had performed a mod on these pipes???

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
i just got the mivv from pj's parts and i will say it is deeper than the other i ve heard in person, arrow, CRM, zard and the m4...karts too brothers was about the only other one i really remember saying wow that shit is loud

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does it sound like the sound clip on the Triumph web site?

I'll take it off your hands Streetfighter33, I'm closer than cheapbastard and I'll even pay for it :eboy:

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you listen to all the clips on the Ultimate exhaust thread, that might help. I just did and the Trident was clearly the deepest sound. Now, don't forget sound on a clip is dependant on what was used to record it. The Trident site claims 7 hp increase and up to 12 with the mid pipe. Believe what you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i hv done a re-map to my Arrow3-1 .. still unable to achieve the deep base that i crave BUT i've got something of a bonus to compliment WAHAHAHA (BACKFIRE) shot bursts of flamed backfire .. Not bad, a lttle present for the streetfighter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.