Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

Pleasure to be on the forum with fellow S3 riders. We all collectively have the pleasure of owning one of the greats in the history of European bikes. And our prediction is that we're on the cusp of a collectability movement in the upcoming years. This is why we're looking to do our part to foster a culture of Design & Engineering Creativity around this generation of S3.
We're starting a Design Resource Share, and wanted to include a thread here for it. I'm starting with sharing a detailed 300+ page workshop manual (attatched), and am looking for the following for the Triumph Speed Triple 1050, 2005 -2010:

1) Vector Line Drawings - Frame Details with Dimensions
2) 3D Model (3D Printable STL preferred)
3) High Def Photogrammetric Scan

If anyone has anything that can be helpful in building this library, please do post. Here are some high resolution photos of a very clean 2006 taken as orthogonally as possible for easy compositing and annotation (measurements)

Thanks!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could never live with those low bars but I like the look.
Yeah, with this mod specifically, the designer went full classic racer, clip-ons and all. I interpret it as a spirited track companion that has so much weight reduced, that it starts ripping up modern super-sports while looking like its just been checked out of a museum collection. That's with a lot of these stripped 1050s. They're probably REALLY fast. I've never pushed mine that hard, but I can always feel there's a lot of untapped power in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts