Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 40 of 97 Posts

· Registered
3,665 Posts
Trident half system (with clean up work inside).
Header work (precat removed, porting, ceramic coating, etc.) see threads on header work.
BMC filter
TuneBoy tune - precat removed tune in Download section.

This seems to make this a fairly reliable recipe for 130 hp. ;)

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks for posting the dyno charts Devious2xs, I'm a little computer challenged. To say my S3 rips is an understatement. Just to keep things in perspective the last bike I owned/roadraced was a Honda CBR 600 F2 so all you guys coming off an R1 or 1000RR might not be as impressed. Throttle response is crisp, clean and immediate. All the power is very usuable across the rev range...I don't have to wring the S3's neck or downshift 3 gears to get it moving. By my financial standards (I'm remarried but make no alimony payments and have no children) all this power has come pretty cheap, between $1800 to $2000. I think I'm good with power for now, although Devi's latest projects, like the header, always keep me interested. Next, and probably last, will be sending the forks off to Traxxion.com for better springs matched to my weight, syn fork oil, a revalve if necessary and a Penske shock. Then it's off to Summit point for a track day! As always, none of this would have been possible without the generosity and tuning guruness of Devious2xs. Thanks for helping me out, Wayne.
Fred

· Registered
17,244 Posts
very nice results Fred. You sorry sunzabitches are gonna make me have to buy a stink'n Trident system! :horse: I'm hoping once Devi gits a hold of ol' yeller I will atleast see some improvements throughout the rev range, and I'll be happy if I can see 125+hp out of her. I'll be even happier with 130 though. ;D

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ron, the dyno guy, also said it was rich but not enough, in his opinion, to adversely affect driveability. It feels good to me but I'm no Val Rossi. The money I'm saving on this site is pretty eyeopening. Someone, I wonder who, had to rent a dyno for $65 an hour and spend several hours mapping a tune. I download it for nothing and go riding. What's not to like! I do wish I had more to add to the site. I 'm starting to feel like a freeloader.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Cheapbastard,
Initially I liked the Zard and seriously considered buying it. I asked my wife, whom I am almost certain has no idea where the rear brake is but who has an extensive background in art, design, form and flow how she liked the Zard and she said she liked it. Of course that immediately turned off to the Zard and I went with the Trident because I knew Devious2xs had one and was using it as a test mule and I wanted to copy what I knew would be terrific hp and tq gains.

· Registered
3,665 Posts
Tight TL said:
... Next, and probably last, will be sending the forks off to Traxxion.com for better springs matched to my weight, syn fork oil, a revalve if necessary and a Penske shock. Then it's off to Summit point for a track day! ...
With a nice ~ 20 hp and 10 ft-lb over stock, and a few suspension mods, it sounds like Fred has the S3 "S" model that Triumph will never build... so he did it himself. ;)

· Registered
410 Posts
:wave: hey so this is where some of you were hiding. I looked at this site a long time ago and it was pretty bland then- but now it seems to be rolling!
Devious- i need help I think the tune i have is off. It doesn't start very quickly and it smells of gasoline. I have an 06 with Chain Reaction and Tuneboy. Everything else is stock no bmc or k&n. Which tune should I run and could you send it to me.......pretty please? I'm headed to the Drgon this weekend and I want the bike to be it's best.

Thanks, JimmyDean
[email protected]

· Registered
30,727 Posts
Hey Jimmy,

The question is what tune are you running? 

I have a 2005 with the ChainReactions, and a modified header (removed pre-cat and ported).  I've also removed the SAI. 

I'm running 10088 right now, but plan on trying one of the modified 20088 tune for grins.  It seems to run very well, but slightly rich with the 10088 tune.  It doesn't start well though.

If you've got Tuneboy, try several.  You may get lucky and have one work perfectly!

Try any of these that look like it would fit your configuration:

http://www.thespeedtriple.com/Forums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat2

· Registered
3,665 Posts
What rpm and about what throttle position are you guys having issues with the tune being rich?

When you start the bike, does it smell rich?

I can modify a tune that may work better for you.

I should have a tune specifically for the CRM exhaust developed on the dyno at the end of next week. :)

· Registered
30,727 Posts
I don't know where it's rich, or even if it really is rich. I don't smell excessive fuel and there doesn't seem to be a particular hiccup in the power band that I can blame it on. It's just that the exhaust seems to carbon up more than I think it should. This could be a rich condition at anywhere in the RPM band I would suppose, but without a broadband 02 sensor it'll be hard to pinpoint.

I also get substantially worse fuel consumption than other people report. To me this indicates a rich condition somewhere. The best I ever got was 37 and I average about 32. 27-29 MPG is not uncommon when pushing it hard in the corners or on the track.

· Registered
410 Posts
yes, it smells as soon as I start it up, and it hicups a little. It also takes a while to start.
The tune ii have is from Bob when I bought it back in March. When I first loaded it was STUPENDOUS! But i have not been able to ride due to the weather. Now it just seems to be lacking for the last couple of weeks. I'm wondering if it's my fault as I got a new flyscreen and did not disconnect the battery as warned. I'm going to load it again Fri before I leave for the Dragon. How do I know if I have an SAI? :violent1:
the tune I have is labled as 20102CRM_3-07_1 and the notes read:
1050 Speed Triple
Aftermarket pipe
With CAT and secondary air injection
Values copied from dyno tune for 20088.
I did this as the 20088 tune does not have SAI
Prime pulse changed to 12800 (DVS)
Idle changed to 1245 rpm
cruise enrichened + 1 degree timing
acceleration enrichment
Coats down enrichment

21 - 40 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.