Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

· Registered
4,520 Posts
I've been keeping pretty accurate tabs on mine & I'm consistently getting 35 MPG. All sport miles in the mountains, no highway or city driving. ECU says low to mid 40's. There is no fuel flow or fuel level gauge. The mileage calculation comes from the ECU dividing the distance driven by the amount of fuel it thinks it has injected. This should be pretty accurate, my Z manages to figure MPG within 0.5 of actual. Obviously, someone messed up the programing on the fuel consumption.

· Registered
38 Posts
Ok, I have an 06 Speed triple with the Arrow titanium dual canister exhaust. I just removed the SAI and put in a after market air filter. Next on my list is removing the precat header like what is detailed on this site. So I have two questions.
1. What tune should I use?
2. I bought the bike used with the arrow exhaust already on there. The owner said it had a tuneboy tune. So I would assume that he had to buy the TuneEdit key. If he did how would I know? Does the ECU remeber this or am I going to have to buy another one to load a different tune if I can't find it?

Thanks

· Registered
1,843 Posts
Asuby said:
Ok, I have an 06 Speed triple with the Arrow titanium dual canister exhaust. I just removed the SAI and put in a after market air filter. Next on my list is removing the precat header like what is detailed on this site. So I have two questions.
1. What tune should I use?
2. I bought the bike used with the arrow exhaust already on there. The owner said it had a tuneboy tune. So I would assume that he had to buy the TuneEdit key. If he did how would I know? Does the ECU remeber this or am I going to have to buy another one to load a different tune if I can't find it?

Thanks
1. As far as tune to use, it depends on what your end goal is - mileage or max performance, or a hybrid? Once the precat and header work is done, one of Devi's modified Arrow tunes (modified_2 for me) works well on the track, and if I keep revs under about 6k with smaller throttle openings, I can get 36ish mpg.

2. If the previous owner loaded a TuneBoy tune, he has a key and he should give it to you. It is tied to the bike's VIN, so it won't do him any further good. You will need access to a TuneBoy cable to load any new tunes even with the key.

Good luck!

· Registered
27 Posts
Cool!

So - what do I have to do in order to get my grubby hands on a tune, pullllleeeeease?! ;D

(assuming there is one for the following that is)

For:
Ceramic coated headers
Pre-cat: REMOVED
SAI: ACTIVE and present
ZARD slip on
BMC a/filter

:drink: :beer:

('London, Ace Cafe' T-shirt Devi? Will that do?)

· Registered
1,843 Posts
Asuby said:
Thanks for the info Kartstar. So are you laying down as much power with one of devious's tunes as the guys with the trident exhausts or is the arrow system not as good for power?
Net power output is probably the same, tho I haven't had the bike dyno'ed (maybe tomorrow...), but I feel like my peak HP is probably coming closer to 9k RPM than 8k RPM - so it's not that the Arrow will make any more or less, it will just be in a different place (ie higher in the rev range).

I know I'm making as much or more, because BLUE IS FASTEST! ;D ( :twofinger: cheap)

· Registered
38 Posts
Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. From reading over this forum it seemed as if the Arrow system wasn't as good as some of the other exhausts out there, mainly the Trident and Zard. I personally would like a shorter exhaust like the Zard or new Arrow.

I look forward to getting my header cleaned up and loading up a new tune. Karstar could you point me in the right direction for getting that modified arrow tune. Thanks

· Registered
38 Posts
Well I talked to the original owner and he said he had a friend who work at triumph and loaded the tune for free. So that would mean that it is a triumph map right? So i guess I will have to buy a key after all. And I did look in the download section. There was only one tune for the arrow there and it wasn't the one that kartstar mentioned. Thanks though.

· Registered
1,843 Posts
Ausby,

The Avi8or Arrow tune in downloads is a very good tune. The modified I have adds some more advance, but otherwise very similar. Bottom line, without a dyno and repeated runs for tuning, you won't be able to tell the difference in the different TB Arrow tunes in normal riding. I still don't know what my net HP is, and I'm far from done tweaking on the tune in my bike. Just pick one that matches your setup fairly well, and start there. Every bike is a little different.

· Registered
38 Posts
Well I got my tuneboy the other day. Today I had time to mess around with it and I loaded that tune that you recommended kartstar. It seems to be running better. I had taken out the SAI and put in a high flow filter about to weeks ago and the bike seemed to run a little warmer and of course I had the check engine light. I just wanted to make sure that using the Avi8or tune would be alright for my bike considering the mods that have been done(arrow titanium exhaust, air filter, and SAI removal). I am just a little paranoid about ruining my bike. This is the first time I have ever been able to mess with the ecu on any of my vehicles. Thanks

· Registered
757 Posts
spooner said:
cheapbastard said:
I'd say use the Arrow tune. :slap: ;D
Beotch I already did!
I was wonderin' if there was something else!
Just use the Devi tune, and put a piece of tape over the hole at the front of the airbox. Taking the tank off is a bit of a PITA, but that's the only drawback. This is what I did, and I've had no probs, and the bike runs great.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.