Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
No. Doesn’t seem necessary. Why would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. Doesn’t seem necessary. Why would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was curious what others are doing. The service maintenance manual says to change FUEL hoses and EVAPORATIVE hoses "every four years regardless of mileage ". I called a few Triumph dealerships and overwhelmingly they dont routinely replace unless dry rot, leaking, or felt to be a problem. This info came from Parts department and sometimes service department representative, no actual mechanics or technicians were spoke too. But there was one dissenting voice that was kind, knowledgeable, gave an explanation for why he recommends replacing them. He said if your like most using pump gas with up to 10% ethanol, then the lines may become and are vulnerable to being swollen on the "inside". I didn't understand the details but he mention system being at about 3 Bar pressure and this could cause unexpected leak or line fracture. Again all others said if it ain't broke then dont fix it but those also mostly seemed unaware of internal swelling. Just wondering if someone could explain further or was this simply a ultraconservative safety recommendation from Triumph.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
Like the Doc, my Speedy is also 16 years old this year. Have not changed the fuel hoses at all. Have run E10 fuel in her for most of her life, no issues with fuel hoses - they've been disconnected and reconnected countless times in that 16 years.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts