Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, the local drag strip to me is holding a all bike meet on the 2nd of Nov and I'm keen on hitting the strip for some fun.Having run a couple of bikes at different strips over the years I love the rush of trying to match your dial in for the win. Hell if I break out I'm happy as it normally means I've run a PB or close to one. Cheapest form of racing I've ever done. Hell I even won a meeting once and won $250 (it was the 90's lol).Has anyone run their bike over the 1/4 mile?What times and MPH did you do?I'd be happy if I got a low 11sec time in the 120's. I'm 6'3" and 138kg and from past experience on bike with similar power t weight ratios I figure the bike is capable of these times or am I a dreamer?Let me know your experiences or you 2 cents worth.....Don't be shy. I will post times and ET's when it happens.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMFG Pauld thats a time slip from my original dragstrip! Well fark me, you just rocked my world mate :)

Sorry Im half cut but which lane are you?

I cut my teeth back in the 90's on my big bore CBR900RR at hidden valley.

Which shop do you frequent up there mate?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm in the left-hand lane with the 10.9 yeah they have recently resurfaced the strip so it's really grippy, as you know there's Bugger all shops here

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Motorcycle Tire Wheel Land vehicle Helmet Vehicle

These pics were taken around 1995 at Hidden Valley well before the new straight was built.

This was my 1993 CBR900RR with a 945 kit. I was running a 11.00 flat at about 128mph back then.

Had lots of fun!:in love:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My mate Scott is the spare parts manager at Cyclone motorcycles.

!0.90 is awesome mate :)

Gotta be happy with that!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah Scott is a top bloke cyclone are by far the best oughta the lot, can't wait for the next meet to see how the times go with the quickshifter

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol its a small world...

Make sure you tell him that Kon said to stop ripping you off ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nah they are pretty fair with their prices and am happy to support a good local business, I'm running the annitori 2nd generation it's pretty awesome I love it so far apart from a few false neutrals in 4th from rider error/old gearbox it's insane

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul I'm gonna be honest with you....

When I'm less drunk I will answer your post with a valid response....

Till then WOOHOOO!

Yeah Baby!

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Wow. I'd say your Quickshifter has gained you about 3 tenths at least. Of all the drag racing I did on my 05 my best 1/4 was an 11.2. Cool!

Me and Dirty Sanchez used to go down on Friday nights to the late night drags at Portland International Raceway. You're right. Dead cheap way to race. $10 a year for your license, and $30 to race as many times in a night as you could get through the queue. Sometimes we'd have a buy-in with the other bikes for like $5 more that would pay out to first through third. Lotta fun.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Even more impressed. I don't claim to be a good drag racer. I'm too inconsistent. I've always wanted to get Kevin (the local bike drag racing god) to ride my bike just to see what numbers he could pull. He regularly could pull mid 9 second 1/4 mile times on an essentially stock CBR1000RR. The only mods it had were a strapped front end and an air shifter. I wanted to try the straps on my bike but never got around to it before I sold it.

I've heard some of the testers claiming sub 10 second runs from a stock Speed Triple, but I never managed it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That definitely is a great time and that 60' time is impressive as well Paul!

What gearing were you running?

Did you shortshift in to 2nd or did you run first out?

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's running standard gearing and I do short shift a little to keep the front end on the ground, that night was near perfect conditions nice cool night bike was running sweet and I was launching nice and hard ran two high ten second passes and a lot of low 11s the weather is starting to get hot and humid so the quickshifter might only balance out the difference in performance but time will tell I'm going out in October for the final run of the year

·
Registered
116 Posts
Meant to say that's just for first to second gear shift from there it's just below limiter so bout 9200rpm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts