Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may remember I'm the guy that did the 110hp dyno pull that sounded like it had a cat caught in the tank. Well long story short I may have a chance to get a real dyno run out of the same guy with the same dyno. I wasn't happy with the 110hp for a couple of reasons, keep in mind it was at a "dyno war" and the object was just to get as many bikes on and off as fast as possible. I think I have the cat set free by taking the baffle out of the zard, but other than that there have been no changes. Any suggestions on what to ask for or what to watch for with my next pull? Last time he did all pulls in top gear, what gear would be better? I would think 4th or 5th. I'll get some torque numbers out of this one too and hopefully something with the air mixture. I'm new to the dyno game so any help would be appreciated.

G

·
In cars dyno pulls are done in the gear just before the gear that has the 1:1 ratio. Like for a manual they're dynoed in 3rd and automatics are dynoed in 2nd. So what gear does the S3 have as a 1:1? 4th?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Have him connect the inductive rpm pickup to the coil wires and place the exhaust (AFR) tube in the exhaust. This will give you power, torque, rpm, and AFR.

Make the pull in 5th gear.

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, this should happen this week. Future mods include; Tuneboy, Header mod, cold air intake, and maybe the SAI block off although I want to research that one a bit more. I'll try and dyno after individual mods and post the results, anyway thats the plan if any one has any other suggestions please let me know. I'm trying to stay out of the head for now (It doesn't even have a 1000 miles on it yet), but after the warranty is gone.... maybe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts