Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I searched the forums, but could not find anything related to this specific situation. I have a 2008 Speedy with 41k and was cruising at 80mph after about 10min of run time and my engine cutout all of a sudden. However, what makes this different than the other posts, I did NOT lose lights, dash, no Neutral light, etc. I simply lost engine power.
With a quick shoulder detour, the bike would no longer fire. It cranks strong as if there were simply nothing else wrong with it, but it just won’t fire now. So outside of just taking any suggestion, what components could cause this without any warning, as if I flipped a kill switch? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as I hate going more than three days in a row without riding!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Simple things first I suppose.
Are all the fuses intact?
Does the fuel pump prime when you turn on the ignition?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all,

I searched the forums, but could not find anything related to this specific situation. I have a 2008 Speedy with 41k and was cruising at 80mph after about 10min of run time and my engine cutout all of a sudden. However, what makes this different than the other posts, I did NOT lose lights, dash, no Neutral light, etc. I simply lost engine power.
With a quick shoulder detour, the bike would no longer fire. It cranks strong as if there were simply nothing else wrong with it, but it just won’t fire now. So outside of just taking any suggestion, what components could cause this without any warning, as if I flipped a kill switch? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as I hate going more than three days in a row without riding!

Did you figure out what was the issue? i had the same issue last week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts