Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read almost every thread on exhaust, and performance gains and tuning and so on. I makes things a little more clear but theres not section for the total idiots...like myself.
I've been looking at the chain reaction moto cans and header now and i really like the sound and look of things. But then I read all these things about removing SAI and Cat and so on. I really don't know what this means. Am I a moron? Yes Maybe, but if someone would be kind enough to tell me, do I have to remove anything and make my own mods to fit the CRM cans and header? Is there a place for the O2sensor? ( I have emailed bob but he seems to be on vacation) ;D
I'm not an engine trimming freak, if I could get the sound and a little more power over all I would be most satisfied.
Oh, and i forgot to mention, I have a -06 and I'm going to buy the package with the tuneboy if I go ahead with the deal.
Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I remove the pre-cat? Is it the cable coming down from the engine that goes into the exhaust pipes?

So even if I would get the CRM cans with header and tuneboy I would get some popping?

And finally so blocking the SAI wont hurt the engine really? I kind of see how to block it. You don't happen to have some pics of the thing so I know what to block? ;D

You see, moron was the word! ;)
I have to say though, i really appreciate the help available here on the forum. I would be a straight up stock-guy without you guys!
Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha okay so now I'm probably gonna piss u off. But If I understand correctly I don't have to drill or do anything if I get the CRM half system? About the pre-cat that is. Just plug in, tune and go?
Besides plugging the SAI that is.
Bare with me here...I probably will have to :smiley-asskiss: for all eternity after this! ;D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see where you're getting at. I was of course talking about the half system..didn't realize it. :slap: I don't know if Bob has finished the new full system? I think he only has the half system on his website. You say that removing the pre-cat does much for the sound. Do you mean louder or deeper?

Do you think the CRM half system is worth buying? I don't find that a lot of people here have it?

Finally, removing the pre-cat seems quite easy then if you have a weld and such? Do you know if it's easy the ruin the header while doing this?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So how much power and torque does this pre-cat removal actually give? Is it worth the hassle? My uncle is a mechanic since 50 years or so and is a pretty good welder. So i guess the work itself is fixed quite easily. The question is more if it's worth it? I mean, this is something that isn't to easy to return to stock if you want to sell. (god forbid!!)
Or is it more of a sound thing?
I was going to get the CRM and tune anyway and I guess that only that mod will be noticed?
Anyway you guys get the point! ;D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now I want the chain reactions even more! ;D
Shit I hope Bob has some to ship on the double! Do you know if he keeps some in stock? Or does he make them when ordered?

I don't understand what you mean by having the header flanges ported. Is it a hard thing to do? Maybe just the system is enough for me to start with! :drink:

And then maybe removing the pre-cat. All in good time.;D
I think I'll notice a difference in just the pipes.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
From what I can tell it´s important to grind out in the right places? In one pic the right side was grinded and not the left. Is this something to think about? The pics without the text..is that sort of a way to go pic? If I make it look like that I cant go wrong kind of a thing?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tripping said:
Well, thanks for this post! I really had no clue what the hell a SAI was, or what a good way to get rid of the pre-cat was either! Guess I'm gonna need to take care of that when my CRM setup gets here. Anyone wanna post some SAI-removal or blocking pics?
+1
Go Tripping go!!

So they found out a way to put the flux capacitor on the triple?!?! My god! :horse:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.