21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Kook filled??

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
sounds like it was full of crazed, eccentric persons.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Aye

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Lots of people fell off that day for some reason.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Oh that sucks. Maybe too many bikes. I know this year is supposed to have a good turnout since one of the founders passed away since the last ride.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I keep my eye on Craigslist for an ultra clean S3. Not gonna buy a new one....again.....or maybe third one's a charm. Over 2 years and still recovering from injuries. I rode a 1098 on thanksgiving day and i had some unexpected severe anxiety.....only second day on a bike since i went over the bars on the freeway. I'm shooting for the spring or early summer for a bike.....maybe.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I'm in a similar boat brah. Don't think I'm flexible enough to mount an S3, seven months out and now I need another surgery, which will have me on crutches for four weeks. No telling how weak the leg will get again. Haven't been back in a canyon since. Even a car ride through Malibu had me imagining a tumble over the guardrail. Sucks for riding, great stories tho lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good Luck mate !!! Hope you get well soon to ride again !! Can just imagine what you must endure ..........
Had an accident years ago ... guy ignored a red light ... I hit him on the door ... me i went flying ..... !! Still today when I get to an intersection ... all the hair in my neck starts moving around !!!!

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
I keep my eye on Craigslist for an ultra clean S3. Not gonna buy a new one....again.....or maybe third one's a charm. Over 2 years and still recovering from injuries. I rode a 1098 on thanksgiving day and i had some unexpected severe anxiety.....only second day on a bike since i went over the bars on the freeway. I'm shooting for the spring or early summer for a bike.....maybe.
Did you get to ride my Diavel when we met up at your place? Might be selling the 1098 to save toward a down payment on a house.

Btw, I'm moving back to SoCal. Need to meet up at Stone Brewery or some place down your way.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Because....?
I think she burped up some coolant out the overflow last week, and I didn't pay much/any attention to it...

T'was a hot day on Tuesday, so combined with peak hour traffic (which I don't normally have to deal with, had the temp reaching full bars about 5km from home, and the red light come on about 2km from home. Interestingly the temp stayed constant at one bar short of full hot whilst maintaining 60-75km/h, as soon as I hit 80-105km/h it went to Max temp, then when I slowed back to
60km/h for roadworks, the temp dropped 2 bars.
Topped up radiator and overflow, that night, and ran fine to work and back the next day - burped up some coolant upon arrival at work, but didn't miss a beat going home - another hot afternoon.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
BadSanta, sounds like you might have a hose collapsing. Might be time for a new set

21 - 40 of 51 Posts