Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Rizoma rearsets, which came with fixed pegs. However, I put folding pegs on right away, mainly because I was sort of afraid that paddling around, something would get caught and I would end up on my side with a red face, etc. The thing is, though, after several months with these flding pegs, either I need to get some stronger springs, or go to the fixed pegs. I keep folding them up when I shift foot position, and it has gotten a little scary at times.

So, what are the pluses/minuses of either setup, that you see. All entries are welcome.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I'll start. Fixed pegs give a more solid footbed. I can shift weight and foot position on them with more confidence. However, in a fall, they would allow the weight to rest on the rearset, possibly breaking something. I don't know if they would protect something more expensive or not. Also, they don't give way when paddling around, either causing me to knock my legs against them or just widening my movement. Perhaps this just takes some getting used to.

BTW, I would assume that other rearsets, e.g., LSL, come with fixed pegs. Is this true?

One more thing. These particular folding pegs are longer than the fixed pegs, which means two things: more foot width area (+) but are also that much wider (-).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts