Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'09 TST
I agree that the flyscreen is a little weak. That said, having the digital speedo catching road debris and dangling over the headlights is worse. Two things: anyone interested in selling me the mounting hardware for the flyscreen, any speedo rolacation/concealment/relocate ideas?

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
You're in Phoenix, what kind of elements do you often run into?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Insane drivers, dust/sand, and heat. I guess a dealer could get me the bracket I need for the flyscreen, but here has to be sometime of aftermarket housing that will protect the speedo and tidy up the look a little

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm sorry but I have to call BS on that. There's no way the smooth backing to speedo indicator is going to pick up a lot of road grime. I ride with no windscreen through all weather (jan - dec) and I promise you that I have never once had that issue. If you WANT the fly screen that's a whole other thing but its not really going to provide "necessary" protection. I'm quite sure triumph design may have considered the fact that it is a naked bike and that many people will ride with no pixie hat and still want a speed indicator to work......

better yet, if you want to clean up the look start with a fender eliminator and some new turn signals.... Nice bike. Good headlight shape.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok dude, you're right.... Is it really bs to think a digital computer is not right at home being unprotected at the tip of a spear that moves 100mph? But now that you have provided your feedback I'll be sure to Put an infant in the front seat of my vette and put a bag potatoes on top of my eggs. After all, it bs to think the USGA didn't conduct compaction tests on recycled cardboard egg cartons

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
it is protected inside the speedo housing. It is designed to be exposed. Are you missing the back cover?

also it deflects air into your throat/helmet and pretty much looks the ghey

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
yep, I just looked close, you are missing the rear cover of the speedo. Previous owner must have bought it with a pixie hat, then removed it and never got a cover

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hahahahahahahahaha, welcome to the forum! I like how fired up you are already!

I'm sitting here thinking of how intelligent someone might be to think that triumph designed the speedo to not have a super gay pixie hat on it. They definitely didn't consider that a naked bike that is sold standard WITHOUT the fly screen might have to deal with wind and o hey who woulda thought some dirt and rain. I'm sorry you aren't smart enough to look for 6 seconds online and go to bike bandit and see a diagram of bike parts. You might then have realized you didn't have a back cover to the freaking cluster. And if you were in fact posting a thread asking where to buy mounting hardware for a fly screen you sir probably SHOULD go hang your infant out the corvette window or whatever you "don't" do in your spare time.

And one last gem of course, next time you have a question about your cluster, take an f'ing photo of that part of the bike. Not 15 feet away on your iPhone 3. Just for when you want to post a new thread about what oil type you should use.....

Nice bike though! Have fun with your fender eliminator, if you need help sourcing one im
sure we could get you to start a new thread!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hahahahahahahahaha, welcome to the forum! I like how fired up you are already!

I'm sitting here thinking of how intelligent someone might be to think that triumph designed the speedo to not have a super gay pixie hat on it. They definitely didn't consider that a naked bike that is sold standard WITHOUT the fly screen might have to deal with wind and o hey who woulda thought some dirt and rain. I'm sorry you aren't smart enough to look for 6 seconds online and go to bike bandit and see a diagram of bike parts. You might then have realized you didn't have a back cover to the freaking cluster. And if you were in fact posting a thread asking where to buy mounting hardware for a fly screen you sir probably SHOULD go hang your infant out the corvette window or whatever you "don't" do in your spare time.

And one last gem of course, next time you have a question about your cluster, take an f'ing photo of that part of the bike. Not 15 feet away on your iPhone 3. Just for when you want to post a new thread about what oil type you should use.....

Nice bike though! Have fun with your fender eliminator, if you need help sourcing one im
sure we could get you to start a new thread!
Ouch.
Have a splif on me.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
He has to have a manly beard with that name so he can stay!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts