Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm doing the fork seals on my 2011 after one leaked on the snowy ride trip in November. Built my own fork compressor

Wood Hand tool Office supplies Tool Table

And managed to get the forks apart.

Cylinder Gas Wood Office supplies Muffler

My question is my inner bushing looks good

Automotive tire Finger Rim Automotive wheel system Material property

but what about the bottom outer one?

Automotive tire Household hardware Gas Audio equipment Camera accessory

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate will go check but from those pics I'm betting they are both good. Popping to the garage now.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i did the seals bought them from ebay. on my first trip out to Philip Island SBK they leaked and I had to stop in at an old school garage in bathurst NSW to get new ones fitted at a cost of $250. The seals I put in were shit and this old school garage spent an hour with me showing me why and putting proper seals in. Great learning experience from doing them myself and from seeing a 60+ yr old mechanic do them in less than an hour and with years of experience up his sleeve. it was a pleasure to watch. Some pics below of the bike being done in the garage.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
advice given to me on seals and such - don't scrimp on the weak links. As you found out, the savings can go away rather painfully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,
I'm about to replace my seals. Could you please tell me how much oil is used per leg and how far from the top of the fork should the oil be. I've searched the internet to no avail.

Cheers

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts