Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,

Suggestions for frame sliders? Do you do just the frame or also the swingarm and fork?

TIA,

Manny
Lone Tree, CO
Triple Threat

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use front mounted R&G sliders and, unfortunately, have found out more than once they work well. The bike contacts on the slider and engine case and either the brake/clutch lever or passenger peg. No contact painted or expensive to replace parts.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Frame sliders are for wussies who don't have the skilz to keep the bike upright.

Yup, I just installed my SkyKings! :eboy: For maximum protection Yes, Swingarm and Fork are best.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Checkout "lowside 7" posted by BILL T. I'm at work and can't figure out how to post up a pic of the gallery - all the upload sites are blocked. I wonder if the case guards would've helped that.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't there another term used for these by some of our British friends? Crash bonnets or something? Or am I just stupid?

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
I've heard the term "Crash Bungs" but I've never liked it.

Also "Frame Savers" and "Case Savers" (or "Case Protectors")

Usually referred to as "Frame Sliders" on the various web sites that sell them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the R&G front mounted sliders on mine, tested them out during my Lee Parks ARC
class a month or so ago and they worked beautifully. I had tried the R&G Mid-engine mounted
ones as well but they were right where my knees wanted to go so off they came.

-Dave

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I've went a little over the top with my sliders. I have front and mid engine mount sliders, front fork sliders and spindle sliders from R&G. And case cover sliders from GSG moto :eboy:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.