Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dropped my speedy off for the first service. It also needed some warranty work (front tire was losing air when I bought it, and there was a scuff on the fork from shipping). When I got my bike back I noticed a noise and vibration in the front end when decelerating that only happens between 37-33 mph. It happens while accelerating as well but harder to tell because the front wheel usually isn't on the ground at that speed and the motor is usually screaming :) . Anyway, took it to the dealer today and he said that it is normal and he even took one off the showroom to compare and it does the exact same thing. He said he talked to Triumph America and this is a known issue caused by a harmonic resonance in the front rotors. Has anyone else heard of this or noticed this? Originally I thought the front wheel was over-torqued or the new fork was mis-aligned. Oh well, guess I should just keep the front wheel up to avoid the issue altogether.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
??? I think some people just hear noises that aren't really an 'issue' with others? ??? :horse: I mean, my speedy makes all kinda noises, but it goes like stink, and has fer 12k miles trouble free so far. :afro:

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Ratdiver said:
Man, you guys are just full of sage advice aren't ya ;D
Remember Grasshopper: Never sneeze in a full faced motorcycle helmet, never eat breakfast burritos the morning before a big date, and never I mean never mix laxatives with sleeping pills.

Here endeth the lesson.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
battles2a5 said:
When I got my bike back I noticed a noise and vibration in the front end when decelerating that only happens between 37-33 mph.
Don't know if this applies to your case, but my handlebar vibes and slight whirring noise were cured by properly re-tightening the headstock bearings.

I was climbing up the wall as I could not locate the source at first. Chain tightened & loosened & lubed multiple times. Tires rebalanced. And still the vibes were there. I was ready to start digging into the engine next - gladly I did the headstock bearings first. Now shes back to her silky smooth self.
8)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man, I'll check the steering head bearings. I was wondering if they mounted the tire in the other direction on the rim then installed the tire facing the right direction so maybe that was why the whirring started after I got the bike back. I like the steering stem idea better :)

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
M e think tyres need balancing too,they can get it WRONG from factory,can't they? :slap: :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts