Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While checking for the front tire recall I noticed a funny wear pattern. The front tire (stock pilot power) is starting to cup a little but has no flat spot on top. I check for proper inflation at least once a week, twice if I am riding a lot. Could poor suspension settings have anything to do with the cupping wear pattern? Is 4000 miles to much to ask for a front tire. My rear is beat to hell, and I have never done any burnouts.

I know I'm :horse:but I am going to have to replace both front and rear at the same time due to the cupping. Is this normal or am I stupid. Both front and rear are down to the wear bars, but at 4000 miles?

·
Registered
23,331 Posts
Suspension setting and correct tyre pressure have a lot to do with tyre wear.If you have a suspension person in your area take your bike to them and you will be amazed what they can do with the standard suspension.I just dropped the front preload to line number 4(set at 3 from factory) and that made a hell of a difference for me.Yes and that's pretty good mileage for a power,remember they are a soft tyre,ride on! :drink:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My front is doing the same thing, and I am pretty good about checking tire pressure. My next set is going to be some conti sport attacks. I hear they wear like iron, and stick like hustler pages...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.