Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
^^I do not see how separation or water accumulation would have anything to do with fuel tank plastic failing.

The plastic fails because it cannot tolerate ethanol. If you want the tank to work with ethanolated fuels, you have to isolate it from fuel with some kind of inner coating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys I was just about to buy an new tank for my 07 s3 because it is warping and bubbling. I was wondering if anyone knows of a coat of that Kreme tank coating will prevent the bubble and warping issues?

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Install a metal tank from a late roundeye.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Hey guys I was just about to buy an new tank for my 07 s3 because it is warping and bubbling. I was wondering if anyone knows of a coat of that Kreme tank coating will prevent the bubble and warping issues?
I don't believe so. I would do what anti says.

·
Registered
1 Posts
^^I do not see how separation or water accumulation would have anything to do with fuel tank plastic failing.

The plastic fails because it cannot tolerate ethanol. If you want the tank to work with ethanolated fuels, you have to isolate it from fuel with some kind of inner coating.
The tank bubbles when it gets to hot then cools down ie direct sunlight stretches the plastic and when it cools leaves blisters I've had a speed triple 18 years no bubbles

41 - 45 of 45 Posts