Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 610 Posts

· Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched "Sunshine" and it is an AWESOME movie! It might be over some peoples heads, but it is a GREAT film. Along the lines of the Space Odyssey movies. It is a sci-fi movie, which I am not terribly into, but this one is REALLY GOOD...

I am having a movie day today, just chillin' and watching movies. I have a three day weekend, and went on a good long poker run with a bunch of Harley twats yesterday, so I figured I would waste a day...

I will post some more recommended movies as I see them.

· Registered
3,634 Posts
Boondock Saints, Fighting Tommy Riley, Little Miss Sunshine, Sideways... all highly recommend.

· Registered
2,791 Posts
Let's see...

Shooter was better than I had expected, 300 was great, Hot Fuzz is funny, Bourne Ultimatum I'm still not sure about but it wasn't terrible. I had my son all weekend and we watched the animated Hellboy flicks, both pretty good.

· Registered
1,655 Posts
I saw Bourne Ultimatum in a DLP theater (my first)a couple of weeks ago and the effect was AMAZING. The movie itself was pretty good. I just saw 28 Weeks Later and if you are into horror Sci-fi with a bit of political irony thrown in you will love it. Warning, it is pretty gruesome. Ratatouille was great as well.

· Registered
1,480 Posts
greenbollocks said:
I saw Bourne Ultimatum in a DLP theater (my first)a couple of weeks ago and the effect was AMAZING. The movie itself was pretty good. I just saw 28 Weeks Later and if you are into horror Sci-fi with a bit of political irony thrown in you will love it. Warning, it is pretty gruesome. Ratatouille was great as well.
I liked the First one 28 days later hows it stack up.

· Registered
125 Posts
I wanted to see Sunshine, but it only played in 1 theater in phoenix and it was all the way across town and only played at 11pm. fuckers. the fuckin 6th largest city in the US and zero benefits. fuckin zero. oh wait, there is a netflix distribution center here, so it only takes a few days for new movies, btw, where the hell is my movie!

I did see Stardust this weekend. it was good for a family scifi flick, good VFX.

G

·
+1 on Pan's Labyrinth......watched it 3 times and picked up something new each viewing.The Pale Man(character) was fucked up....in a good way! :wtf: :pow::

· Registered
2,791 Posts
Boghopper said:
Saw Stardust last night. Good movie. Went with GF and her kids. They loved it too. Bob DeNiro is pretty funny in it.
I hate that it's not playing anywhere near me for some reason. I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman's writing, waaayy out in left field.

· Registered
30,727 Posts
Gotta rant about 300.

If I'd a wanted to play a video game I'd a bought a damn video game.

Here we have one of the greatest stories ever told, and it's a true story. These guys have to mess with it and fuck it up just so it'll play to the computer generated video game crowd. The extended gratuitous fight scenes just bored me, and blood flying all over the place does not an interesting movie make. The political intrigue that they tried to insert into the plot (presumably to give the violence some credibility) was poorly done and not consistent with what happened or the culture at the time. Frankly I found the whole thing a silly and pointless exercise in looking at men's nipples. "Sin City" is by far the better movie. (Micky Rourke is the man.)

End rant.

On that note (silly violence) I just watched "Cannibal: The Musical" which is a hoot if you like Trey Parker (His first movie) and I'm downloading "My Name is Nobody" and "A High Wind in Jamaica" The second is a great Pirate movie with Anthony Quinn and James Coburn from 1965, and the first is a funky western with Terrance Hill and Henry Fonda from 1973.

They just don't make great movies anymore.

· Registered
63 Posts
To be honest it wouldn't have made a very good movie if they did it to what history has said... since King Leonidas died within the first few hours and the rest of them died within a day....

And in fact there were about 7000 of them in that canyon, it was just that the Spartans which were 300 of them were at the front.

Do remember the movie was based on a comic book and the director has stated that he didnt want to make it historically accurate, just make it bloody awesome in the battle scenes.

· Registered
6,064 Posts
limey said:
I'm looking forward to the MIS3 track day vid. Heard its not for the faint of heart. :d:
i heard it is hittin the top 10 for action

· Registered
860 Posts
turboLT said:
3:10 to Yuma was fucking awesome as well. Been a long time since a good western came out (thinking tombstone)

:sign5:

Saw it a few days ago. Loved it. Not your typical ending. Wont spoil it for those who havent seen it. Dont forget Unforgiven. More recent then Tombstone. That was a belter.

1 - 20 of 610 Posts